Gibson Brands Forums

Went to a wedding last Saturday......

bluzhammer

It was the usual wedding type event, same crowd of geezers, middle aged folks ( me and wife ) , young adults etc. Well I was introduced to a well mannered young man, because of our mutual interest in amplifiers, we struck up a lengthy conversation. I was told that he had in possession, at his studio, a Marshall amp that was a prototype. According to him EC has one, he got one, and Marshall has the only other in existence. Being somewhat jaded I took it all in stride as some young'un trying to impress an old codger, boy, was I wrong. Come to find out later that Junior, has produced the likes of Fergie, Big Boi, Nickelback, and others and is a Grammy winner. I only got his first name, Tony, but he has a damn fine Lamborghini, and told me, I could clone his Marshall if I wanted. All in all it was a very eye opening night.

Here in Nashville you never know who you are talikng to either.

Yeah, it's like a story I heard about a really good local guitar player. He went out to Nashville and came back saying "I thought I was good here, but in Nashville even the guy who drove the bus could play better than me". O:)

I really hope to eyeball it soon, this kind of thing really gives me the wood. Really, all in all, the young man I was talking with was really unassuming and down to earth. We talked alot about mic placement and tone. What was interesting was that he stated many production guys will monkey with the guitarists tone, kinda of like screw your tone, my tonal concept is the one we'll use.

I know you're smart enough to know this already, but posting the schematic would be about the dumbest thing you could do.

Think about it for a second cuda... I mean max2343. This guy is nice enough to offer someone he just met, the opportunity to clone a very rare amp. How's this guy going to feel when he gets a call from Marshall asking him why the schematic for their EC prototype is on a thousand different websites.

Bluz has the a chance to make a once in a lifetime connection and I'm sure he's not willing to screw it up for some dinks on a web forum.

I know you're smart enough to know this already' date=' but posting the schematic would be about the dumbest thing you could do.

Think about it for a second cuda... I mean max2343. This guy is nice enough to offer someone he just met, the opportunity to clone a [i']very[/i] rare amp. How's this guy going to feel when he gets a call from Marshall asking him why the schematic for their EC prototype is on a thousand different websites.

I hate to question the whole thread.

But I will.

How can this guy be so smart.

And yet, so stupid?

I'm gonna say B.S.

Just sayin'.....

Murph.

This guy is nice enough to offer someone he just met' date=' the opportunity to clone a [i']very[/i] rare amp.

Is he really that nice?

Does he offer it to people in bars, too?

I ain't buyin' it.

Sorry.

Sorry that your so skeptical Murph, I too have doubts about it, but I also hope that I maybe able to glimpse at something I haven't seen out there electronically. Doesn't make a hill of Toro Poopoo to me what you believe Murph, I am just relaying an encounter that I thought was kinda of different from the usual blah, blah, blah.

Archived