Gibson Brands Forums

Nuclear Proliferation

Homz

Any country with the materials and engineering skills can build a nuke...It seems to me that every country has a right to build nukes' date=' If we have them, how can we tell some other country they can't? Treaties are for losers and aren't worth the paper they are written on, ANY and ALL countries will break a treaty if they believe it's in their national interest....

[/quote']

KSG man I don't know if you are being sarcastic or if that is really your opinion, if it is your opinion then I'm glad to see one of the RWNJs admiting to that :)

Or are we looking at more of your legendary copy/paste talent?=D>j/k about the copy paste talent

You are right KSG to think they like the US now is stupid, BUT they are witnesing CHANGE, I cannot tell (and wouldnt even give an opinion about it) if its a change for good or bad, time will tell. So you guys have to give him, and yourselves, time to do things.

Now here we gave the thief in charge a little time, and he proved us time and again what he's made of: SH1T.

Anyway, I think Obama's way of doing stuff might drop your "enemies" off balance: they were expecting to be nuked and you guys to deploy weapons such as the "gay bomb" (only the US army could come up with such a thing) but they have not been nuked, their leaders have not been hanged and the nation promoting homosexuality is actually the US.

Now that should be a nice time to just drop some nukes all around: when less expected.

KSG man I don't know if you are being sarcastic or if that is really your opinion' date=' if it is your opinion then I'm glad to see one of the RWNJs admiting to that :D

Or are we looking at more of your legendary copy/paste talent?:- j/k about the copy paste talent

I'm being deadly serious...The scientists at Los Alamos including J. Robert Oppenheimer thought the same thing for the most part...one of the famous quotes by one of these scientists has to do with the fact that the entire world had changed now that the "nuclear" genie was out of the bottle...The US didn't invent the bomb, they just proved it was possible to build one. The scientists that did the theoretical work and the hard science behind the bomb were German Jews, Italian Jews, Brits, Americans, Hungarians and Danes...Anybody with the engineering, math and manufacturing skills can build a bomb, and who are we, the "Nuclear Club" to tell other countries what to do?

It is certainly going to be a more dangerous world with an "Islamic" bomb. One of the things that made Mutually Assured Destruction work in the cold war, was that Russia, it's leaders and people ALL wanted to live! Some of the Muslims that are trying to get the bomb, have explicitly stated that they want to hasten the return of the 12th Mahdi and that the destruction of Israel will accomplish this task...If nuclear weapons proliferate to unstable states, we need to be vigilant and ready for a first strike if the countries in question look aggressive. And for goodness sake, we should be working harder on missile defense...

You are right KSG to think they like the US now is stupid' date=' BUT they are witnesing CHANGE, I cannot tell (and wouldnt even give an opinion about it) if its a change for good or bad, time will tell. So you guys have to give him, and yourselves, time to do things.

Now here we gave the thief in charge a little time, and he proved us time and again what he's made of: SH1T.

Anyway, I think Obama's way of doing stuff might drop your "enemies" off balance: they were expecting to be nuked and you guys to deploy weapons such as the "gay bomb" (only the US army could come up with such a thing) but they have not been nuked, their leaders have not been hanged and the nation promoting homosexuality is actually the US.

Now that should be a nice time to just drop some nukes all around: when less expected.[/quote']

Jimmy Carter tried to love the world into loving us back...it didn't work. I don't think we need to be friends with Hugo Chavez, the Castro Bros, the Chinese gov't or the countries ruled by sharia/Islamic law...we should be cordial and very FORCEFUL with them, we should partner with them where our national interests come together. These countries are NOT our friends for a reason, and it seems to me that reason is not who our president de jour is...

I'm being deadly serious...The scientists at Los Alamos including J. Robert Oppenheimer thought the same thing for the most part...one of the famous quotes by one of these scientists has to do with the fact that the entire world had changed now that the "nuclear" genie was out of the bottle...The US didn't invent the bomb' date=' they just proved it was possible to build one. The scientists that did the theoretical work and the hard science behind the bomb were German Jews, Italian Jews, Brits, Americans, Hungarians and Danes...Anybody with the engineering, math and manufacturing skills can build a bomb, and who are we, the "Nuclear Club" to tell other countries what to do?

It is certainly going to be a more dangerous world with an "Islamic" bomb. One of the things that made Mutually Assured Destruction work in the cold war, was that Russia, it's leaders and people ALL wanted to live! Some of the Muslims that are trying to get the bomb, have explicitly stated that they want to hasten the return of the 12th Mahdi and that the destruction of Israel will accomplish this task...If nuclear weapons proliferate to unstable states, we need to be vigilant and ready for a first strike if the countries in question look aggressive. And for goodness sake, we should be working harder on missile defense...[/quote']

You are making so much sense on this that you must have been listening to some Neil Young recently.

I agree with what I think you are saying, although I'm somewhat surprised.

KSG makes a great point. Those countries that have the bomb DON'T want to use it. The fact that there are now fanatics that are trying very hard to get the bomb scares the hell out of me. We're talking about people who strap bombs on themselves or convince others to do so having the SECOND* most destructive power in the history of man at their fingertips. SCARY.

*The first most destructive power in the world is the power a really beautiful woman has over a man.

Hmmmmm.....

Well, this political thread has gotten a little better now, after the rocky start between the kid, the child and the Lib.

Anybody critical of the use of the atomic bomb in Japan should consider a few things.

We killed over 100,000 people in ONE NIGHT dropping incendiaries (like Homz posts) from B-29's onto Tokyo.

Created a firestorm in that wooden city that the world had never seen - with plain old dumb powder bombs.

The yield from those early atomic bombs was less than 15 kilotons, a popcorn fart by modern standards.

We've had suitcase nukes for decades with outputs many times that, and the designs are NOT secret.

Look at the nations wanting nuclear weapons now and ask yourself what their motivation is.

Iran doesn't need nuke power, they are swimming in cheap crude so why would they spend the money?

North Korea finally gave up arguing it was for defense - NOBODY would invade that sh!t hole.

Why? Because there's nothing there but squalor, poverty, and profoundly polluted land and waters.

Obama says we need to get off oil but won't commit to building more nukes in addition the 104 U.S. reactors now online.

His position on Iran is that they NEED nuke power "for the people" and ignores the fact that they will harvest plutonium.

If Iran wanted nuke power so badly, why didn't they accept the offer from us and the Russians to GIVE them the fuel?

Yes, GIVE them the fuel!

When it went thru its burn cycle, they would simply ship it back to us or Russia in exchange for fresh fuel assemblies.

Golly, wonder why they were not interested?

Okay, I've dominated and brought "politics" to yet another political thread.

I'll bow out now and watch the rest of the world chime in....

:-s

Hmmmmm......

I'd promised myself not to get going in "political" stuff here but...

There was an initial question about "what countries."

Laugh at this if you will, but if Gibson guitars aren't sold there as rather popular goods - or at minimum copies thereof - I think the rest of the world likely will have problems with that given country for one reason or another.

It's a matter of culture that transcends and yet influences world politics.

We on this list apparently mostly have an interest in guitars. I guarantee I do. But whether we're from the US, Australia or Austria - heck, Russia or China - we have such great cultural similarities that the musical instruments we choose to play are very similar. That's true in Japan, Korea and China although the tempered octave was much more foreign to their native musical traditions than the concept of a stringed instrument, neck and soundbox.

This may sound horrid, but when Gibson and other "major manufacturers" of guitars have to start patent infringement proceedings or when we start getting hit with crude but improving guitars manufactured in some of those countries, it may be a good sign in some ways... When those illegally labeled guitars change into store-labeled and later under a real corporate name, it's not all that likely the rest of our countries will have dangerous circumstances with them.

Just a thought...

Drop the Bomb' date=' keep the USSR out of Japan?[/quote']

Little factoid for you burgeoning history buffs;

Do you know when Russia formally declared war on Japan?

Now, bear in mind that they lost 30 million people in WWII, almost all of them against the Germans.

They were somewhat preoccupied, and counted on the fact that Japan had little interest in going west beyond China.

Japan had been in China for over ten years, slaughtered thousands and thousands, subjugated even more.

All to pillage the natural resources China had, because Japan had almost none - THAT'S why they were so Imperialistic.

Japan had been on a roll in the 1930's like Saddam Hussein was in the 80's-90's with nobody stopping them.

Not until 1942 did ANYBODY strike back against them and it took us nearly four years to beat them back to their homeland.

So, in August of 1945 we finally detonated two very convincing reasons to stop the fight.

The whole idea was to STOP the war and spare the US a million dead soldiers - we only lost 500,000 in the whole war.

Anybody know the answer?

August, 1945 - after we dropped the A-bombs.

Yeah, jumped right in there to help us out....

Archived