Gibson Brands Forums

NGD Traditional - Lots of pics

ant7629

Thanks!!

They are quite heavy, but I kinda like that.

I did try a 57 Goldtop Historic, and that was nice, very nice. Are Nine, I can see what you mean about the reissues. The neck was too thick for me though, and not 100% sold on the aged hardware.

Both 2009's. I can't enough of these Traditionals!

Yeah, I know what you mean. R7s have true tree trunks for necks but some are a bit slimmer than others. Try an R8 next time, a bit thinner but still fairly fat. The R0 has an even slimmer neck - the only thing with those is you're now into flame top territory and the price goes through the roof - and I guess G0s (Guitar Center exclusive, 1960 plain top reissue) are hard to come by in the UK.

Are you still gonna get the traditional pro? I saw one over the weekend with a flame top in heritage cherry. Apparently it's a one of a kind' date=' since they're supposed to be plain top.

Played really sweet. [/quote']

I would have liked to have got one of those Leon but it proved really difficult getting one over here. I have been on many waiting lists and they all reach a dead end. One store has an ebony finish, but is was wanting a burst finish.

My girlfriend and I are planning a trip across the pond in December so I might treat myself to an early Christmas present if I see one in New York. Never say never!

Yeah' date=' I know what you mean. R7s have true tree trunks for necks but some are a bit slimmer than others. Try an R8 next time, a bit thinner but still fairly fat. The R0 has an even slimmer neck - the only thing with those is you're now into flame top territory and the price goes through the roof - and I guess G0s (Guitar Center exclusive, 1960 plain top reissue) are hard to come by in the UK. [/quote']

It sure was a huge neck. I like thicker style necks, but this one was huge! There is definitely a difference though. Difficult to put into words, but there's definitely something going on there.

Archived