Gibson Brands Forums

Home improvement anybody? my paver patio (pics).

Riffster

AXE you done with that fence?

Last year I bit on a hell of a lot but I still chewed it, pride will drive you I guess. Never done anything like this before but once I started...

So we live on a bit of a slope and there was a spot next to our deck that was just terrible looking so I decided to dig it out.....by hand, and do a paver patio....by myself. I will never do this again, not on a slope, not on a backyard that has a fence and every single piece of construction materila must be carried by wheelbarrel from the front of the house.

I have a whole new level of respect for people that do this for a living, it is hard work.

Without further ado.

PaverPatio006.jpg

PaverPatio004.jpg

House071-1.jpg

House083.jpg

House087.jpg

House090.jpg

PaverPatio016.jpg

Yep! Yep! Yep! My wife and I worked with our contractor to get a new garage and patio put in. Now were reworking the intire inside of our house. Heres a couple Before and after shots of the garage, patio job. Then what were doing now.

Here's A link to pictures of the whole job. http://s462.photobucket.com/albums/qq347/steven-tari/Getting%20A%20New%20Garage%20Built/

Before

Picture015.jpg

Picture029.jpg

Getting ready for the Patio. We have to run conduit to get power to the new Garage

Picture125.jpg

Picture135.jpg

Picture181.jpg

Picture177.jpg

On to the next project.

Picture230-1.jpg

Picture253.jpg

You guys are making the rest of us look lazy! Stiffhand, I did the same thing at my house in Colorado...used the same locking bricks as retaining walls and pavers for the patio....My wife supervised me the entire time, when I was done, she planted little creeping herbs around some of the pavers and when they spread out they looked pretty cool. I got worn out, but in the end it looked great. Yours looks fantastic as well.

I put a new deck on the front of the house. It's a Trek decking no maintenance.

I also put Steel siding on the second floor. Done for this year. Your Stone work

Looks great. Neighbor built one too and it like a lot of work but the end result

looks well worth it. Nice work guys.

IMG_0253.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

CW

Thats a pic from up by the house this one is from the road. I have about 4 acres to

mow. I have 160 acres. The 40 I'm on, 40 across the road, and an 80 along side to the west. I love to hunt and the Pheasants are thick this year.

IMG_0256.jpg

I'm not married now so I do have a jam room it 20x36. Needless to say since I'm

in the country they guys that I jam with come out here and jam. We are getting ready for the yearly jam. My jam buffies come out and bring freinds. the neighbors and my students. One neighbor has a pig roaster and he ccoks the pig. I here's a pic of the practice room next time we jam I'll take some pics.

IMG_0258.jpg

CW

IMG_0258.jpg

CW

Obvious bachelor pad.

Lazy Boy goes here. TV goes there. Pop a cold one 'cause I'm moved in.

'Course with the new fangled digital TV signals we got forced down our throats, us folks in the hinterlands ain't got much use for that big box with the glass front on it any more. (I ain't seen the evening news in 2 months---"No Signal"). Stacks of Marshalls are a good substitute.

Looks like a sweet set-up.

Archived