Gibson Brands Forums

Want any detailed info I can get.

AXE®

the Custom Admin doesnt come here anymore. i think he got tired of the 157 page Alex Lifeson complaint thread last year.

sorry Axe' date=' but no one here can help ya.[/quote']

Acutal he pop's his head in here once in a while...but the chance of his seeing this thread is very low.

Axe why dont you call gibson support?

They know not what I speak.... Yar!!!
Maybe I can help?

The "Clapton Cut", or EEC (Explorer Extra Cutoff) Explorer is a re-creation of Eric's original '74 Explorer, but with a few "small" mods (as seen in the pics above). Even though it is touted as a '74 model though, it is in fact a recreation of the '58 Korina Explorer (note: "forked" headstock).

"mods"? As in trimmed lower bout? Or am I spacing? And what is a "forked" headstock' date=' please?[/quote']Not only was the lower bout removed, but the back was also countoured. As for the term "forked", I was just going by the description that is used in every artical (which are all pretty much the same), I've been able to find about this particular guitar. And lest we forget, the ONLY guitars that are well documented (with detailed descriptions) are EC's main guitars ("Blackie", the "Fool" SG, his Firebird, etc), so this was just about all I could come up with, other than one or two pics, and they were no help!

Archived