Gibson Brands Forums

Fossil Gibson

Cruznolfart

Wildwood has some beautiful and unique guitars...They have LP Historics in some very cool burst colors that i've not seen anywhere else, and they have a very nice bunch of those Nighthawks in different colors than the other online shops have...and strangest of all, they have a set of LP doubleCarved Prototypes, check them out...How do they get all the weird stuff?

Wildwood has some beautiful and unique guitars...They have LP Historics in some very cool burst colors that i've not seen anywhere else' date=' and they have a very nice bunch of those Nighthawks in different colors than the other online shops have...and strangest of all, they have a set of LP doubleCarved Prototypes, check them out...How do they get all the weird stuff? [/quote']

They have some kinda preferred status. Murph knows something about them and their ilk. They're the folks that can get what you want when your local dealer can't. Now, can you explain what the term "double carved" means, please? I don't see the diff.

The doublecarved has a solid' date=' mahogany body and the maple cap has been carved on top and bottom to create a space between the top and back...thus giving you a sound that's somewhere between an R9 and a chambered reissue...Weird, a chambered, not chambered R9...[/quote']

OK, thanks for the explanation. Who thinks of these things? And, more to the point, do they really make a difference tonally? I don't think my ears would be able to tell. Maybe in the studio.

It looks kinda awkward to me' date=' too, Dom. Like they had some leftover parts and...[/quote']

well at least its a better shaped handle (you could grip it a bit better) just in case you need to defende yourself onstage =D>

Archived