Gibson Brands Forums

ES-137 Owners

thejay

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a new player - less than two years, and have a couple of strats and a vintage mustang. I just bought an '03 137 about a month ago, and it is incredible - all the tones you could ever want - crank it up with overdrive and play the ramones, add some go to the neck pickup and roll back the tone and play jazzy chords, pure cleans - FANTASTIC guitar.

ES137front.jpg

I've got a Custom ES137 (2007) Vintage Sunburst. Great guitar. Great value guitars. I can't understand why they are priced so cheaply given what you get.

The neck on mine seems to be a bit bigger than some of the other Gibsons but this seems to add to the tonality. I have a R57 Les Paul with a similar neck.

I've not really got used to the vari-switch and I only use it on a very limited basis. Mostly I just bypass it. I've put 11's on it to thicken it up. I'm sure that you won't be unhappy if you acquire one.

I have this 2002 ES135 LE...it's the last year of the 135, and it's more like a 137 than a 135...It has a maple/poplar/maple lam top, back and sides like a 137, and it has a mahogany center block instead of the maple block on the 137, it has a maple neck like the 137 and it's fitted with 57 classic pups. I play mine everyday and I love it...It can be jazzy or it can rock like a bigger, ballsier LP.

P1010167.jpg

Archived