Gibson Brands Forums

Hi all new here :)

Lukesteele

Can anyone tell me why when I have my pickup selector set to middle position and I turn down the volume pot on either pickup to zero I get no sound at all even though the other pickup's volume is still up? I've checked the wiring diagram for SG's and it all looks ok. Got me stumped. Thanks in advance. Cheers.=D>

It's supposed to be like that. If you only want to hear one pickup flip the switch to that one.

You can use the volume knobs to blend pickups in the middle position but if you turn either one all the way down it will kill it.

Thanks for that. I went to the local guitar shop and the guy there was adamant that each pickup should work totally seperately regardless of volume. I owe you a beer DUB-T-123. =P~

Hi Dub, I think you mean she lives in Canberra our national capital. Beats me what's up with those storms. Never seen anything like it. Neighbours loose roofing sheet jumped my 6 foot fence and scratched up my car coz of those high winds we've been having grrrr. He offered to pay for the repair now I gotta run around getting it done. So you never lived in Oz?

• 2 weeks later...
Nope. I've just lived here in California.

My sister moved there because her husband lives there.

She works at a zoo.

I bet Gibsons are pretty expensive over there. What kinds of guitars do you have?

Gibsons are terribly expensive here..ur talking 5 grand for a LP standard..3 grand for a SG standard..bullshit..Im just overjoyed I got a Epiphone LP for under a grand that sings..I auditioned a real LP thru the same Orange amp that day and for crunch chords the real LP sounded crap but then hit the lead playing and it came alive! lol..this has happened twice to me btw when auditioning real NEW LP's..

Archived