Gibson Brands Forums

LOLZ! whatta freak!

AXE®

I found the fact that this guy was in a sports bar to be the funniest part. Sports bars aren't really hot beds of punk anarchy' date=' ya know? Wouldn't a sports bar be the sort of thing punk would be rebelling against? Methinks perhaps it's just a fashion statement.

[/quote']

I agree, certainly wouldn't fit in on this coast in a sports bar. LOL

I dunno...

When I was in the sixth grade there were the iguana and double iguana versions of this sorta thing courtesy of some gork they called "Butch Wax" to make a short haircut or "flat top" stand up. In retrospect that waxy gork was pretty horrid stuff. It even burned far better than one might wish on a hunting trip of some sort into the boonies with overnight "camping."

I always figured folks who looked like this young gent were likely relatively peaceful folk. The leather jacket as anti-switchblade armor kinda went out in the late 1950s when the really bad guys got into more substantial nastiness.

I'll tell yah this: Some of the old blues guys, black and white, who wore simple dark suits and were well groomed often were the ones to watch out for. <grin> I've seen a couple of short barrel Smiths appear rapidly from the least likely looking folk. A Berns-Martin works well for guitar players, but so does the right hand jacket pocket.

Peacocks aren't raptors. At least, unless a raptor decides to go to a saloon in disguise. <grin>

m

I dunno...

When I was in the sixth grade there were the iguana and double iguana versions of this sorta thing courtesy of some gork they called "Butch Wax" to make a short haircut or "flat top" stand up. In retrospect that waxy gork was pretty horrid stuff. It even burned far better than one might wish on a hunting trip of some sort into the boonies with overnight "camping."

I always figured folks who looked like this young gent were likely relatively peaceful folk. The leather jacket as anti-switchblade armor kinda went out in the late 1950s when the really bad guys got into more substantial nastiness.

I'll tell yah this: Some of the old blues guys' date=' black and white, who wore simple dark suits and were well groomed often were the ones to watch out for. <grin> I've seen a couple of short barrel Smiths appear rapidly from the least likely looking folk. A Berns-Martin works well for guitar players, but so does the right hand jacket pocket.

Peacocks aren't raptors. At least, unless a raptor decides to go to a saloon in disguise. <grin>

m

[/quote']

you rule Milod.

When i was a kid i was into the whole punk rock thing hair and all. I found as well the real bad guys were rarely the ones with extreme looks. They were usually the more normal looking guy. When the cops would show up for one reason or another they focused on us and usually left the crazy normal guy alone to walk away.

You can say beware of suits and yet...

Some of the best musicians I've ever heard or seen wore suits for performances or the female performers wore rough equivalents.

BB King doesn't perform looking like a sharecropper. I seriously doubt he ever did.

I've always wondered at times what some of the old blues guys like John Lee Hooker thought of the dirty and disheveled look so many of their musical emulators took on - while they were doing all they could to make enough money to wear better suits.

On the other hand... if you're talking about corporate types... The old Woodie Guthrie line is more than appropriate: "Some will rob you with a sixgun, some with a fountain pen." Although neither item is quite up to date technologically, I think the sentiment is quite appropriate. I've never been robbed through threat of violence.

m

Archived