Gibson Brands Forums

Not a Gibson in Sight.

Andre S

Over last weekend, I went to see Fame at the cinema. I thought it to be a pretty good/ movie, but one thing I noticed. Out of all the guitars I saw, none were Gibsons! They were all strats and two tele's. All the strats look like they went through a fire, as did they Marshall MG amp they used in a dance scene...

Over last weekend' date=' I went to see Fame at the cinema. I thought it to be a pretty good/ movie, but one thing I noticed. Out of all the guitars I saw, none were Gibsons! They were all strats and two tele's. All the strats look like they went through a fire, as did they Marshall MG amp they used in a dance scene...[/quote']

Whoa first questions first, why would go see Fame?

Whoa first questions first' date=' why would go see Fame?[/quote']

lol, good one, I just went along with my family, who wanted to see it, there was nothing else that I wanted to see so I tagged along and it was better than I thought.

Hmm' date=' well the marshall mg amp that looked like it went through a fire had its plate as did the F*****s[/quote']

I don't know about "this" movie, I'm just saying, sometimes you will see products placed, and if the tradeoff isn't done, the nameplates will be removed, it happens all the time.

Best to ya....

I don't know about "this" movie' date=' I'm just saying, sometimes you will see products placed, and if the tradeoff isn't done, the nameplates will be removed, it happens all the time.

Best to ya....

[/quote']

Yea yea, i know what you mean, once I was watching a trailer for some disney movie, camp rock or something, and in the end, the girl was playing an epi goldtop but the logo was blocked off.

"Cadillac Records," shows "Muddy Waters" with a Gibson LP '56 Goldtop. Looks to be mostly Fender Tweed amps (as would be appropriate, during that era). A couple of scenes, with brief shots of a Telecaster and case. One of the band members has a ES-335, as well. Lots of Fenders in "Dream Girls," too...but, toward the beginning, they have rather husky "Blues" player using a 3 P-90 equipped, Sunburst Epiphone Zepher Blues Deluxe. And..."Black Snake Moan," has Sam Jackson's character using an ES-335, and "natural" Gibson Acoustic ("Hummingbird"). So...you do see Gibson product placements, now and then.

CB

Over last weekend' date=' I went to see Fame at the cinema. I thought it to be a pretty good/ movie, but one thing I noticed. Out of all the guitars I saw, none were Gibsons! They were all strats and two tele's. All the strats look like they went through a fire, as did they Marshall MG amp they used in a dance scene...[/quote']

Maybe they were Gibson Hendrix Road Worn strats???

Archived