Gibson Brands Forums

Buckethead on Jazz.com

So you're generalizing Buckethead fans?

Yes...

you can't stereotype them.

Yes I can...

Maybe I should sterotype gibson owners as all stubborn' date=' ignorant old guys who haven't matured.[/quote']

That's not too far off...

You can't judge a book by it's cover.

Yes I can...

:-/ :D/ :D/

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My brother always told me "It's not how fast you play' date=' but how you play fast." and I believe that can be directly related to bucket head.

[/quote']

Is that more ignorance here?:-

When it comes to Buckethead, speed isn't everything. What's cool is how he uses shredding for riffs instead of just solos. Sometimes it's amazing what the rhythm, lead, and drums do together. There's songs like this where instruments play off of each other: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgbDD5YL31Y

But IMO his playing is sterile and had it not been for the KFC he would not be known; because there are thousands just like him but without KFC.

Want me to show you the post where you said you would have found the tune enjoyable if it wasn't for the Bucket?

The Bucket is turning you off, not the music.

Please allow me to link to a version with better sound quality: Spokes for the Wheel of Torment.

Edit to add: While we're into Bosch' date=' here's a link to some more of his delightful paintings.

DJ

--

Yeah, it is very bad quality. Whoever listens to Buckethead songs on youtube, buy the cd's because they sound SO much better that way. Playing Cuckoo Clocks on my stero sounds AWESOME.

Does anyone else here think that Loaf needs to open up to our points of view... instead of defending buckethead like the little fanboy he is?

He just seems too mechanical for me... not enough soul...

nor do I love the music

Does anyone else here think that Loaf needs to open up to our points of view... instead of defending buckethead like the little fanboy he is?

He just seems too mechanical for me... not enough soul...

nor do I love the music

But you're point of view is ignorant. He may not be your cup of tea but some of his music is definately not too mechanical, having such a diverse discography.

And I don't think you care very much about soul when listening to music but if you hear Buckethead's fast playing, lack of soul is the only thing you can mention and you stay ignorant, not listening to Buckethead's emotional music because you don't want to be proven wrong.

But you're point of view is ignorant. He may not be your cup of tea but some of his music is definately not too mechanical' date=' having such a diverse discography.

And I don't think you care very much about soul when listening to music but if you hear Buckethead's fast playing, lack of soul is the only thing you can mention and you stay ignorant, not listening to Buckethead's emotional music because you don't want to be proven wrong.[/quote']

So him making 3 ablums a year makes him a great gutiarist...:-

Does anyone else here think that Loaf needs to open up to our points of view...

You mean the typically enlightened and meaningful points of view like these :

"So?"

"OMGILOVEBUCKETHEADSOMUCHBECAUSEHEHASSOMANYALBUMSANDPALYSALESPPAULANDSTUFF

ANDHEWEARSAMASKANDNOONECANSEEHIMBUTITSNOTJUSTAGIMMICKBECAUSEHEISONJAZZDOTCOM

ANDHEPLAYSLOTSOFDIFFERENTKINDSOFMUSICANDISNTJUSTSHREDHESREALLYVERSITILEBECAUSEHEPLAYEDINGUNSNROSES

ANDHEISREALLYGOODATLIKESENSITIVEEMOTIONALMUSICANDHESWAYBETTERTHANSLASHANDJIMMYPAGEANDZAKKWYLEANDSTUFF

BECAUSEISAYHIMINCONCERTANDHEDANCEDWITHNUNCHUCKSANDTHENPLAYEDWITHALOTOFEMOTION"

"This man wore a KFC bucket; thats his claim to fame."

"Personally I prefer Popeyes - their Red Beans and rice is great stuff."

"My money is on the bucket"

"Yeah he is known for everything but music."

"You right about that one, and the crawfish bowls a few years ago; damn good"

"I missed the crawfish bowls... We didn't live near a popeye's for a few years."

"With that being said, I'm going out to get a two piece Original Recipe."

"Again the only reason he is where he is at is that stupid KFC head gear"

"The mask really covers any facial expressions that might indicate soul"

"the real question is how many actual spices does the col. use in his original receipe chicken?"

"Buckethead fans are so lame it hurts"

"How about we just leave it at

Buckethead is a f*ggot"

"One cookie and one diaper please!"

"leave this forum and go listen to buckethead do a robot dance"

...I don't think so.

You're a smart kid DAS, no need to aspire to do an :oilpit: or a dem00n or something like that. We've been told N times that you don't like BH. Thats fine. Now, leave it at that and move on to things you're interested in instead - you know you can do it ;-)

DJ

--

So him making 3 ablums a year makes him a great gutiarist...:-

Ok little freshy, it's time that you learn. "Diverse" does not mean "A lot". So "Diverse Discography" doesn't mean "A lot of albums". What I mean by "Diverse" is various, different genres. Buckethead can play many genres that Angus young can't. And he's released 4 albums this year.=D>/ You might think he just wants to make a lot of money. If he was a greedy bastard like that, he would play mainstream ****. You might think he's rushing albums. What about all those songs he's been playing on his tour since may and hasn't released yet? He released 2 albums since then, not including any of the new tour songs. That album is going to be a masterpiece. There are many songs he's never put on an album over the years also.

Ok little freshy' date=' it's time that you learn. "Diverse" does not mean "A lot". So "Diverse Discography" doesn't mean "A lot of albums". What I mean by "Diverse" is various, different genres. Buckethead can play many genres that Angus young can't. And he's released 4 albums this year.:D/ You might think he just wants to make a lot of money. If he was a greedy bastard like that, he would play mainstream ****. You might think he's rushing albums. What about all those songs he's been playing on his tour since may and hasn't released yet? He released 2 albums since then, not including any of the new tour songs. That album is going to be a masterpiece. There are many songs he's never put on an album over the years also.[/quote']

:- =D>#-o

Somebody get this guy a cookie!

I lol'ed

Well done my friend :-

And DAS' date=' I COMEPLETELY AGREE! =D> [/quote']

Are you THAT stupid? Did I say anything in THAT post about 3 albums a year or even releasing a lot of albums?#-o

Yep, just agree with all the anti-Buckethead people because that will make you popular.

I'm not taking you guys seriously. I think you're just trying to annoy me because I don't understand how anyone can be that stupid, ignorant, and hypocritical. "Does anyone else here think that Loaf needs to open up to our points of view..." Open up? Who's being open minded to Buckethead? Who's listening to it with a closed mind because they've convinced themself they've hated it before hearing it?

Buckethead's response to haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Juu4ztutB44&feature=player_embedded

I'm glad you people don't like Buckethead, because you're not allowed to like him. Ever. You can't enjoy anything he's done.

So now, I propose that we change the direction of this thread from bickering with morons to discussing things we love about Bucket.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Thanatopsis. They put out some of the best music of Bucket's career, Axiology being my personal fav. Nothing but great music on every track.

So now' date=' I propose that we change the direction of this thread from bickering with morons to discussing things we love about Bucket.[/quote']

That would be good. Unfortunately, I fear that the tightly knit little band of seemingly OCD and coprolalia afflicted vermin will always be pissing all around any mention of BH on this forum - it has become very tedious.

I also like Thanatopsis a lot. Only got the first album though. Got to pick up Axiology and Anatomize soon! Those Jazz.com guys that dug Machete would surely appreciate it. Oh, and it has been attempted mentioned on this board previously.

Anyway, Velocidad, if you want intelligent and friendly discussion, there's a solution at hand. See your PM.

@ Disembodied Loaf : Remember the saying "Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience". There's no way that reason will prevail with the clientele you're dealing with.

DJ

--

Ok. Oilshit knows when he's beat.

Thanatopsis is awesome. I've listened to anatomize but don't have any of those cd's yet. I need to get them. I'm also looking forward to buying dragons of eden but I have no money at the time. Travis' solo album is going to rock! It has cello and everything.

Ok. Oil**** knows when he's beat.

Ah, I can see how it would never occur to you that maybe I do things other than wait in front of my computer to argue with some fanboy...

If you'll excuse me, that comment made me realize that I really have no interest in continuing to converse with you...

Enjoy the next 15 CDs your boyfriend releases next month, I hear they are a LOT different than the last 300 :D

Ah' date=' I can see how it would never occur to you that maybe I do things other than wait in front of my computer to argue with some fanboy...

If you'll excuse me, that comment made me realize that I really have no interest in continuing to converse with you...

Enjoy the next 15 CDs your boyfriend releases next month, I hear they are a LOT different than the last 300 #-o [/quote']

LOL! =D>

Archived