Gibson Brands Forums

Lucille

Laney1566

I have been offered a Gibson Lucille model in a trade and I guess I would like to know what to look out for.

Any copies being made of this? the one in the trade is in good shape with normal wear on gold hardware.

Any weak spots to look for....Any info would help. I am suspicious because my explorer is the guitar he wants. The value doesn't match up. Granted I have a perfect explorer and Lucille is well used, but great shape. I guess I don't understand why he would want to trade away a much higher valued guitar.

It does sound a bit weird, but it might just be that semi-hollows aren't really his cup of tea. Maybe he really wants an Explorer. Without seeing pics of the guitar to know if it's fake, those would just be my assumptions. Maybe ask why he's interested in an explorer (Don't talk down to it, though.. If you talk down to your guitar, he might not be as willing to part so quickly, if it's legit)

Take it, and Run...before he changes his mind! (Unless you're not particularly interested in a Great "Semi?")

I own a "Lucille," and it's awesome, to say the least! Never a regret, on that purchase, at all! Have you played

the one you're being offered? They are nothing like an Explorer...obviously. Neck is fatter, and Lucille is ALL

WOMAN...Lots of "Booty," in comparison. But, she'll take great care of you, if you get along with her!

Good luck!

CB

Lucille is ALL

WOMAN...Lots of "Booty' date='" in comparison. But, she'll take great care of you, if you get along with her!

CB[/quote']

You KILL me man,........

=D>

You're the best.....

Serious......

Murph......

Just check that it hasn't been dropped or damaged. I assume that you've inspected and played it!

Looks good from the photos however so does the Explorer. It comes down to personal choice.

The headstock looks okay, that one on the Gibson site is a much newer redesign of the inlay graphics.

You should check and see that the jacks haven't been messed with, so that it still works in mono with one cord and in stereo with two cords.

Also check to see that the Varitone hasn't been disconnected. That's a high-end Gibson for sure.

I haven't met up with the guy yet. I wanted to go into it knowing a little more about the guitar.

The Explorer is mint BTW.

I am a hard rocker and maybe Lucille isn't the best choice for my style, but I can use her to practice Blues.

Do you think it will play the blues ok?:-

I haven't met up with the guy yet. I wanted to go into it knowing a little more about the guitar.

The Explorer is mint BTW.

I am a hard rocker and maybe Lucille isn't the best choice for my style' date=' but I can use her to practice Blues.

Do you think it will play the blues ok?8-[ [/quote']

Uhh, YEAH! She'll "blues" you, until you can't take anymore, laugh, and "blues" you some more!

Seriously, "Lucille" will be a BIG change, in all factors, from your smaller, lighter, Explorer. Best

play on it, awhile, before you decide....if at all possible.

CB

Archived