Gibson Brands Forums

Cheap Cases

Boston004681

Hey, I never thought to post this, but I was at band rehearsal a couple weeks ago, and the white ribbon in my case broke(not really the ribbon itself, but the staples(CHEAP)that hold the top from falling back broke) as i was opening the case. This is not what I think about when I hear of "Gibson" quality. Has anyone else has this happen?

I also noticed the cases are made in Canada. ARGGHH.... Gibson, where are you going?

the white ribbon in my case broke

(not really the ribbon itself' date=' but the staples([i']CHEAP[/i])that hold the top from falling back broke)

This is not what I think about when I hear of "Gibson" quality.

I also noticed the cases are made in Canada.

That's always a sign when shopping for a used Gibson - the case was abused so the price went down.

Not saying it didn't happen because the case wasn't properly made, but flinging the case open everytime will only last so long - that ribbon is designed to hold the lid, not decelerate/stop it.

Come on, think, it's just a thin-*** ribbon....

TKL has been making Gibson cases since dinosaurs roamed the earth, no QC issues there that I've ever seen.

Anyhow, if you're the original owner you may get Gibson to help you out on the deal under the original warranty.

I dunno.

Doesn't hurt to ask.

And don't forget they are made in CANADA. Those scheming Canadians would sell substandard fake pension cheques to their grandmothers to make a few extra bucks. Made in Canada, everyone knows its 4th world quality.

God#$m Canadians !

But there was also a sticker that said case made in Canada. I left my sticker on because I thought it was cute. One says made in USA the other Canada.

I used to be married to a canadian and her uncle worked for seagull guitars' date=' those used to be some really good guitars a few years ago. I haven't seen one in over 10 years so I don't know where they are now in regards to quality. Even went to the factory

[/quote']

Nope, No sticker. And the case was brand new and straight from Gibson.

That little leather fob thing on the inside compartment? I have 4 other gibson cases here and they all say made in Canada. The new one says made in the USA.

That's always a sign when shopping for a used Gibson - the case was abused so the price went down.

Not saying it didn't happen because the case wasn't properly made' date=' but flinging the case open everytime will only last so long - that ribbon is designed to [i']hold[/i] the lid, not decelerate/stop it.

Come on, think, it's just a thin-*** ribbon....

TKL has been making Gibson cases since dinosaurs roamed the earth, no QC issues there that I've ever seen.

Anyhow, if you're the original owner you may get Gibson to help you out on the deal under the original warranty.

I dunno.

Doesn't hurt to ask.

I've been meaning to ask...You have neatly organized your guitars. What the heck have you done with all the cases?

You have neatly organized your guitars. What the heck have you done with all the cases?

Jeez.....

Don't get me started.

Under 2 beds' date=' in 3 closets and stacked in 2 corners of my office.

That's the WORST part of owning more than 3 guitars.

Well, that and all the guns and their accompanying cases plus 3 gun safes....

I need a bigger house - again.

Only been in the current one a couple years.

(Actually considering building another new one in a few years, looking at property now)

Archived