Gibson Brands Forums

You guys see the 7-string explorer?

dem00n

Hands down the sickest video I've seen in a long time.

Which one? Me being drunk or me, errrrrrr..... hmmmm being me? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Jocko, How long is the Red wammy bar? That is just obvioulsly too much.

Can I jam it? Ahhhhhh go on.

Hey Dem00n don't you have trouble keeping six strings on your guitar sometimes?

Seriously I think this is a great move by Gibson' date=' I am not into 7 strings but for the folks who are this is a great option, it is a great looking guitar, it looks pretty classy to me.[/quote']

Well...how did you know? =P~

Hey mabye someone of those 7 string guys will join the forum! lol

The first one. The wiggly one. So cool.

Actually mate' date=' I must explain, I was taking the piss out of my scottish endorser. He is the main guy for Moser Custom Shop in the UK and Europe. HE HATES wiggly sticks.

HE STARTED IT!!!!!

Here is his his pisstake effort So,,, who won that sh1t????

[YOUTUBE']

[/YOUTUBE]

Hahahahahah

I have been waiting for a comback for months. Hmmm MAYBE I need to nudge him.

Oh and mabye gibson will make a guitar with a GOOD flyod and a LOCKING nut...thats all i have to say...oh and no GRAPHICS!

I am in the lounge and I have no say anyway.

*whispers The explorer with a reverse headstock, 24 frets, with a floyd (which they cannot handle) ok so a Kahler 7. That would be an interesting guitar.

I use 7 strings a lot... This one however... No thanks.... I'll stick with my Ibanez 7 strings... The only thing that would make this guitar worth it for me would be a Kahler trem, Floyd Rose style nut, and a set of Blackouts... The thought of the Nickelback guy using this guitar makes me sick.

I use 7 strings a lot... This one however... No thanks.... I'll stick with my Ibanez 7 strings... The only thing that would make this guitar worth it for me would be a Kahler trem' date=' Floyd Rose style nut, and a set of Blackouts... The thought of the Nickelback guy using this guitar makes me sick.[/quote']

You got a good point...also i think i heard double bass drums...=P~

But this is a start who knows mabye next year we will have all that in one explorer

I dont like nickleback...but now i might have to hate them lol.

You got a good point...also i think i heard double bass drums...=P~

But this is a start who knows mabye next year we will have all that in one explorer

Yeah... My biggest issue with most 7 strings is the neck... I've always felt Ibanez was the only company to get that right... Hopefully Gibson did that right.... The EMG's ruin this guitar for me.

Yeah... My biggest issue with most 7 strings is the neck... I've always felt Ibanez was the only company to get that right... Hopefully Gibson did that right.... The EMG's ruin this guitar for me.

I think we all know that EMG's ruin any guitar...a good example is ESP guitars!

Isnt is like a 4 grand guitar though?

They are expensive. They used to have so many cool LPs, SGs, Explorers & Vs in the 80s. All Kahler equipped and with a string lock. I find one or two on eBay from time to time, but the sellers never ship them outside the USA, and when I find one that does, I'm all out of money.

Although this Explorer has EMGs (have nothing against EMGs, they just don't make wanna even try them), I think it's a step forward for Gibson. I seriously think that this guitar makes up for the Holy V and Explorer (and maybe even for the lousy Zoot Suit SG video).

They are expensive. They used to have so many cool LPs' date=' SGs, Explorers & Vs in the 80s. All Kahler equipped and with a string lock. I find one or two on eBay from time to time, but the sellers never ship them outside the USA, and when I find one that does, I'm all out of money.

Although this Explorer has EMGs (have nothing against EMGs, they just don't make wanna even try them), I think it's a step forward for Gibson. I seriously think that this guitar makes up for the Holy V and Explorer (and maybe even for the lousy Zoot Suit SG video).[/quote']

You mean in the90's as well...those were the time of the gibsons with Kahlers and locking nuts...ya i see them on ebay all the time to. Sadly some of them arent that great condtion.

What's the Deal?

EMG's Kick-***

They Got their Place

The problem with EMGs in 7 string guitars is that the pickups are very over sized. So if you put passives in there will be big gaps on all sides. While this is a cosmetic thing, would you Really want those gaps on a $2000 guitar? Not to mention for that price, why couldn't they put some Gibson pickups in there?

The other problem with this guitar and my biggest complaint: 24 34" scale on a 7 string?!?! A 7 string needs at least a 25.5" scale. Yeah there are plenty of guys that tune Gibbos down that low, but if you're buying a 7 String, why would you want a guitar that is going to feel like you just tuned it down extremely low? Wouldn't you prefer it to feel like the lowest string is Supposed to be there and not like they just slapped an extra string on a model with identical specs?

It Should also have a Kahler for a OFR, 25.5" scale, Gibson pickups, and some other color than black for $2000.

I predict that this is not going to sell at all because most 7 String players don't like the specs, Gibson will then say there is no demand in the 7 string market, and never make 7 strings again.

As long as all the guitars that are actually produced move to store or some form of retailer, Gibson is done. They've made their money.

I'd have to tryit before I'd buy it. I have an MIJ Ibanez 7 string and they are the only company to get the neck to feel right. I don't like the Schetcers, LTDs and Jacksons. But if it felt good, and was reasonably priced, I'd buy it.

I just wish Gibson would make a no PG model.

Archived