Gibson Brands Forums

A great way to start a Saturday...

Tim Plains

Thanks Ian and Tim.

I keep these in my home office so I get to look at them and play them throughout the day.

The covers are actually thick sheepskin, which makes an excellent, very cushy cover for the A-frame stands. The guitars love it!

I can definitely appreciate the value of casing the guitars but for me I love to leave them out all the time. Like works of art' date=' I love to look at them. This is an American "Classic" design (Even though Orville was German).

[img']http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj305/Archer993/Gibsons.jpg[/img]

With a family like that, I'd have 'em out too. Beautiful!!! O:)

i leave them in their cases (the ones that have a case) the ones that dont have a case i just dont care enough' date=' i dont even use them cause they are for customer use and i dont like to play guitars played by others, does any of this make sense to any of you?

he ian martin, is that a natural burst sg in your avatar? could you post some pics so i can take a look at her? (if you dont mind other guys looking at her!)[/quote']

Yeah man, here you go!

This is a 2003 model. I've noticed that when the local music store here gets them in stock, the newer ones seem to be alot lighter, less "bursty" and more of an overall orange hue.

She is pretty banged up since she was my sole guitar for a while, but she is an amazing player. I switched out the bridge pickup to a '57 classic and she just screams through my Marshall.

Eventually though, I just couldn't get the ton I wanted (needed something more ballsy) which led me to getting my dream LP STD.

sg-01.jpg

sg-02.jpg

lp-01.jpg

lp-02.jpg

Archived