Gibson Brands Forums

A great way to start a Saturday...

Tim Plains

Do most , some or all of us put their guitars back in the cases when not in use or leave them on a stand ?

Unless I'm transporting, I leave mine on the stands for quick easy access . Not all of them, just the three work horses that recieve daily use .

LP Standard

LP Classic

Firebird V modified .

I keep my robot in it's case with a case humidifying thingy for now because the reletive humidity here in Toronto Ontario is like 5%. I'll leave it out in the summer when it's like the tropics here.

We have the strangest weather here I remember 2 years ago in Aug Toronto was the Hottest place in the entire world at the time even hotter than anywhere on the equator.

NICE guitar. Hot damn, that's such a beauty.

Do most ' date=' some or all of us put their guitars back in the cases when not in use or leave them on a stand ?

Unless I'm transporting, I leave mine on the stands for quick easy access . Not all of them, just the three work horses that recieve daily use .

LP Standard

LP Classic

Firebird V modified .[/quote']

I like to leave them out, but putting them in their cases turned into a real hassle for me, especially since I would have to take the strap off each time due to the straplocks (and since I'm pretty much ADD and pick up my guitars every 5 minutes that got too ridiculous. On the flipside, they always seem to pick up extra dust when I leave them out, so often what I'll do is use an old acoustic case laying on the floor and just place my LP in that. Big enough so that I don't have to take the strap off or anything, but it's available in a second.

But often I'll still find myself just leaving her on a couch or chair. Gibsons tend to stalk me wherever I go.

The BFG or my acoustic are usually on a stand beside my couch. So, when I'm watching TV, I can just grab one. All my others always go back in the case.

That's another reason I made this table...for easy access. Just pull out a case and lye it on top.

Sorry for recycling photos again.

Picture012.jpg

i leave them in their cases (the ones that have a case) the ones that dont have a case i just dont care enough, i dont even use them cause they are for customer use and i dont like to play guitars played by others, does any of this make sense to any of you?

he ian martin, is that a natural burst sg in your avatar? could you post some pics so i can take a look at her? (if you dont mind other guys looking at her!)

AXE,

Four shelves are definitely not enough. I'm waiting for the weather to get better before I start building my second. Think I'll trace the outline of a Les Paul this time...

I'm not sure exactly where "Somewhere out there" is, but if it's in the Toronto area and you have some extra money lying around...

Do most ' date=' some or all of us put their guitars back in the cases when not in use or leave them on a stand ?

LP Standard

LP Classic

Firebird V modified .[/quote']

I live in Arizona where it is always dry and dusty. Even with the windows closed there is always a dust issue.

I've said it before, that setup TimA has is great, I'm already sketching out plans to build something like it (hope you don't mind) a 6 holer set up vertically.

Tim A, you're a genius! I can imagine fitted wardrobes like that and no more nagging about cases lying around!

I keep my guitars in their cases 'cos of the kids running around. All apart from the cheap, old Washburn Wing electric that knocks around and is always ready for action.

I'd hesitate to leave mine on the stand a) because of the kids and B) in case the nitro reacted with the stand. Likewise I wouldn't leave a strap on a nitrocellulose laquered guitar.

Take a look at this web-page: Strap and stand damage to nitro

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLhZHIQ8DWU&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLhZHIQ8DWU&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Forgot to say to Tim A to have a lovely day with that gorgeous Silverburst. I'm a little bit envious that my Saturday morning can't start over again as that was a very good idea! Still, here in the UK its evening and I'm gearing up for tonight's gig. So its pretty good around here too!

I'm taking my 2005 R7 Les Paul Gold Top and my 1990 PRS Custom 24 Gold Top as well as my cheapo (but brilliant) Galveston 6/12 doublenecker.

Gonna have me some fun!

Whatever you get up to today, don't forget to be nice to the missus, the kids, the dog and the Gibson!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLhZHIQ8DWU&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLhZHIQ8DWU&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Always in the case if any of guitars are sitting for more than several minutes. After reading ibis' link on finish damage I gonna be keeping a cloth my my capo too!

Tim A you should patent that design and go into business! Like most everyone else here I've coveted your Gibson cabinet!

Aaresz,

Nah...I'd have to quit my day job...and I like my job. B)

The price would be too high anyways. It's made of 3/4" Birch. Material wise, you're looking at around $250 for this one. If you were to add a realistic labor rate in, you'd be well into the $600 - $700 dollar range, maybe more...it's not a quick 20 minute job. It took a lot of time to make. Mind you, it was the first one I made too, it wasn't rushed, and we were drinking every step of the way. B)

...and really, you'd have such a small target market that I don't think it would be profitable. If somebody wants to make their own, then by all means...I wouldn't have posted pictures of it if I didn't want to give people ideas.

I can definitely appreciate the value of casing the guitars but for me I love to leave them out all the time. Like works of art' date=' I love to look at them. This is an American "Classic" design (Even though Orville was German).

[img']http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj305/Archer993/Gibsons.jpg[/img]

Absolutely jaw-dropping gorgeous. I envy you, my friend.

Archived