Gibson Brands Forums

Help and advice with a new product please!

smokestack71

Hi Everyone,

I've just started making these hangers at www.wiamusic.com

gibsonandprs.jpg

They are made from water clear polycarbonate and are incredibly strong, we have a model for Gibson and SG types (the headstocks caused us a headache for a while).

I would appreciate any advice you can give as we're a new company in early developement. The hangers cause no stress to the neck, are really easy to install, are barely visable and look really cool plus the guitars look great hung by the strap buttons any angle (and really cool on the ceiling)!!

If you could take a look and let me know that would be great

Thanks!

Adrian

Hi there,

The brackets don't touch the guitar at all.

We put a little leather washer in for PRS because the buttons are massive, and also when the guitar is upright.

The strap lock pegs work fine, its the little dip in the middle that pulls the guitar home, the brackets hold quite tight to the guitar and the top bracket has to flex outwards to release, safe as houses.

Thanks loads for this!

Woodie

Hi and thanks!

The technical gumpf of this is that the brackets themselves are capable of handling in excess of 50 kilos, to be honest, it's poly carbonate, which is what they make bulletproof glass from! The plugs and screws are rawl-plug uno plugs (brown) again capable of holding 100 kilos in brick and 30 kilos in plasterboard/dry-wall.

The brackets we rigorously tested and if you get some you will see, they can't be broken.

The design of the bracket is such that the guitar can't fall out if its accidently knocked. The upper bracket must be physically flexed to release the guitar (it's quite clever even though they look simple, they took me ages to design and that's why I make them in the UK so the quality control is strict)

I think that covers it, thanks for this it's great feedback!

W

is it easy to get the guitar on and off the hanger. This seems like a great solution if you are a collector and want to display your guitars. Most of us folk, however, are players.

I also would be worried about hanging my guitar by the strap buttons. Doesn't seem very safe. If you are playing and a strap button breaks, you can a good chance of at least saving the guitar before it hits the ground. And since you guitar is near your waist, the fall isn't too far. But on a wall....if one strap button fails, it would seem the guitar is a going to come down--hitting furniture, etc.

Yes it's really easy to take the guitar down, the top bracket is flexible and just use your thumb to flex it out and the guitar clips out.

If the guitar strap button snaps, which it really shouldn't, it's probably going to fall, however I've just tried it by taking the top bracket off our LP copy (really cheap one) and the bottom strap button kept hold of it.

W

The pricing is based on.....

The design and testing took 2 years of really hard work, so there was no way you're guitar could fall, short of the wall actually falling down.

It's made in the UK and quality checked by us. Every model.

The tooling for the brackets was not cheap, but it was essential that we gave you the best quality product on the market, not something made in China which I had never seen.

Everything, even down to the packaging is high quality. I didn't want this to be just a bit of plastic. It's two, high quality design, poly carbonate brackets. One is a load bearer, and the other has exactly the right amount of flex to spring the guitar button into, and out of.

The Plugs and screws are highest quality and reliability, and we are happy to actually advertise Rawl Plug on our product.

I know it's a little more expensive, but shipping world wide is free so we can compete. But I think for the quality of product and the fact there's nothing that does the same job, warrants the price.

My dad and I set out to make the best hanger on the market, and hopefully, we have.

It won't break, it hangs at ANY angle, it hangs on the ceiling, walls, doors anywhere. It's not obtrusive when the guitar is off the wall and it looks DAMN COOL when it is on the wall.

I think that's the answer ;-)

W

First let me congratulate you, it looks like a great product and a truly innovative one (forgive any spelling errors, english is not my first languaje).

Second, the idea of hanging them by the strap buttons is fantastic, players always hang their guitars from there, not the neck or the back of the body, so it's the perfect solution, and one shouldn't worry no more about the hanger damaging the guitar (which is a main concern with gibsons, as they are nitro finished).

Third, could you explain how the system works? I tried to look for more pics on your site and the gallery link was not active.

Fourth, I liked the website, looks professoinal and is easy to read and understand.

Fifth, good luck with your products, I liked the G-band idea a lot, I'll probably buy one or more of your products in the future.

And last but not least, welcome to the forum.

Right I get you.

Really the body types aren't the problem. The hanger only works on narrow bodies. It's the top of the guitar that was difficult. The headstock angle was a major issue because the last thing we wanted was the headstock anywhere near the wall, so the vert model solves that. The GS Model deals with the button on the back of the guitar.

If you have a few models and guitar types, you can mix and match.

The acoustic and fat bodied model comes out in January.

These are great questions!

First let me congratulate you' date=' it looks like a great product and a truly innovative one (forgive any spelling errors, english is not my first languaje).

Second, the idea of hanging them by the strap buttons is fantastic, players always hang their guitars from there, not the neck or the back of the body, so it's the perfect solution, and one shouldn't worry no more about the hanger damaging the guitar (which is a main concern with gibsons, as they are nitro finished).

[b']Third, could you explain how the system works? I tried to look for more pics on your site and the gallery link was not active.[/b]

Fourth, I liked the website, looks professoinal and is easy to read and understand.

Fifth, good luck with your products, I liked the G-band idea a lot, I'll probably buy one or more of your products in the future.

And last but not least, welcome to the forum.

Hi,

The gallery and video should be working now.

The bottom bracket takes the weight of the guitar and the top bracket is slightly flexible so you can use your thumb to ease it away from the guitar and simply lift it out. It's really easy.

Thanks!

W

This is a great idea, nothing new really since that is how they hang'em in a lot of Hard Rock Cafes but the materials used in this instance and the minor details are nice.

He he he, I guess you can tell who is mechanically inclined and who isn't by reading the questions in here.

Bluemoon, what if the strap button falls off? come'on man!!

A single screw on a stud of the average American house made with yellow pine or dougles fir will hold a lot of weight, the heaviest LP is about 14 pounds easy for a set of screws to hold if installed properly.

If the placement of the guitar does not match the usually 16" separation of studs then you use a butterly washer for the bracket screws.

I have 5 of my 7 guitars in hangers and I am never concerned, actually I love having them at an easy reach.

Archived