Gibson Brands Forums

Help and advice with a new product please!

smokestack71

First let me congratulate you' date=' it looks like a great product and a truly innovative one (forgive any spelling errors, english is not my first languaje).

Second, the idea of hanging them by the strap buttons is fantastic, players always hang their guitars from there, not the neck or the back of the body, so it's the perfect solution, and one shouldn't worry no more about the hanger damaging the guitar (which is a main concern with gibsons, as they are nitro finished).

Third, could you explain how the system works? I tried to look for more pics on your site and the gallery link was not active.

Fourth, I liked the website, looks professoinal and is easy to read and understand.

Fifth, good luck with your products, I liked the G-band idea a lot, I'll probably buy one or more of your products in the future.

And last but not least, welcome to the forum.

[/quote']

Can't add anything more, everything is said by TG. It's great to see true innovations hit the market once every 5 years, ...this is such a moment! Success with your hit man!

I got a few things to say.....

Awesome lookin wall hanger really shows the guitar off.

how much is it in US dollars?

2 questions:

Does it react with nitro finishes? (Big thing for me... us)

Has it been tested for its weight capacity?

I got a few things to say.....

Awesome lookin wall hanger really shows the guitar off.

how much is it in US dollars?

2 questions:

Does it react with nitro finishes? (Big thing for me... us)

Has it been tested for its weight capacity?

How about trying to do some reading? =D>

Those questions have been answered in this thread' date=' some more than once, and of course all the info is on their website.

I'll help you out with a bit of cut & paste :

Its $24/16 euros that is including free P+P

The brackets don't touch the guitar at all. We put a little leather washer in for PRS because the buttons are massive, and also when the guitar is upright.

The technical gumpf of this is that the brackets themselves are capable of handling in excess of 50 kilos, to be honest, it's poly carbonate, which is what they make bulletproof glass from! The plugs and screws are rawl-plug uno plugs (brown) again capable of holding 100 kilos in brick and 30 kilos in plasterboard/dry-wall. The brackets we rigorously tested and if you get some you will see, they can't be broken.

DJ

--

I hear you...

I also can guarantee you that the broken screw is because that dude overtightened it to the point of break, screws don't break inside the wood they were screwed in, if it was the screw itslef failing it would have failed outside the wood.

Anything that is not properly done will break sooner than it should.

Now the next step is to somehow get to NAMM and get the expusure a product like this needs.

Advertising in Guitar magazines is a must as well.

Yip we're at NAMM in January.

We have UK press but none in the USA yet though.

Thanks for all your help guys!

And we've sold a few!!

W

Its not being cheap' date=' its limited space where I can hang a guitar and not worry about it getting knocked. [/quote']

Yeah, it may mean a second hole, but they're only small.

The advantage of these hangers it that you can be quite creative with them, and get them quite close to each other. Imagine one upright and next to it one upside down..,,,,

I know you have done some testing and you mentioned the material and that's great.

I was in the US. Air Force and stationed in England - Chicksands in Bedforshire. All of my items were shipped over and it took about a month for my stuff to arrive and I'm pretty sure they don't weather proof the cargo area on a ship from cold and salt/sea.

After Chix closed they shipped me to Alaska with about a 3 month wait for our items to arrive and again in the cold etc...

I found that some plastic items have a tendency to break after going from cold to warm back to cold etc...

How does the material hold up in the various conditions and changes?

Archived