Gibson Brands Forums

Take a look at this black les paul supreme.. is it a fake?

Belva

Finally one black les paul supreme showed up on the bay.

Given the fact there are a ton of fakeblack les paul supremes, and an handful of real black les paul supremes on the market, I ask your help.

I see the serial number painted not just pressed in... could this be a fake?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gibson-Les-Paul-Supreme_W0QQitemZ230391489712QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item35a46724b0

I asked the dude for other more detailed pics but no answer so far.

Do let me know guys.

Looks pretty good from what I can tell, but I am new at this. My '03 LP Elegant serial is inked on also. Custom Shop has done this for a while from what I can tell. Wonder if any paperwork comes with the thing? Run the serial past Gibson, get a look at it up close if you can and play the thing!

They had Chambered Mahogany Body in 2002?

Yes certain models were constructed differently like Cloud9 or Supreme. Some had figured backs, no back plate, and a large jack plate covering the access where they installed the pots and switch.

Thx for oyur constant help.

Yes guitarjunky that doesn't have much sense.

It doesn't have much sense that in one pic the number is painted, and in the other isn't.

It doesn't make much sense that he doesn't show me a coa, it's 3 times i ask him.

BUT: I'd really like it to be a real gibson. As black supremes are very rare. I mean I'm really waiting on a good one.

Do let me know what you think guys. take care.

Looks legit to me. Just looks like he photoslopped the number out on the close up! common on the bay to avoid conterfitiing maybe? not sure, but it looks legit. He may not have the certificate! It does not say anywhere that it has one. If a black one is what you want, then I would go for it. Life is too short to have to wait for what you want. We all know black guitars sound and play the best ;-)

Problem is the guy won't send me additional pictures of it. And he didn't say if he has or not the coa.

I mean I'm starting to doubt. He said he sent me pictures but I haven't received a thing.

Dude probably thinks he's smart. Ill keep u updated guys.

There are too many correct things that chinese boys dont get right ever. So I'm sayin' real. He says he is selling it for one of his employees (QnA section) so maybe he doesn't know **** about gibsons, thats why he said it was a 02, serial number starts with 02 and he might have thought that was the year.

He also might have to check back with his pal for the CoA.

Everything's in place for it to be the real thing, but one thing, the supreme is a USA line guitar... so why the custom shop case? Anyone else here owns a supreme and can tell us if they all come with the custom shop case?

I just lost it for 25 bucks. ****.

Damn I hate when that happens.... next time bid high. If you bid $5000 and the last bid before yours was say $2150 you still would have won the bidding at only $2250 or what ever the last increment was... If you really want something on ebay bid high, don't just try to win by $50 or $100, you'll never win anything unless it's something no one wants....

Damn I hate when that happens.... next time bid high. If you bid $5000 and the last bid before yours was say $2150 you still would have won the bidding at only $2250 or what ever the last increment was... If you really want something on ebay bid high' date=' don't just try to win by $50 or $100, you'll never win anything unless it's something no one wants....

[/quote']

That is unless the other guy uses the same logic [lol] Then one of you just spent $2000 more than you needed to! Only bid what you are willing to pay. If you are cheap, you will lose. If you really want it, wait til the last second and place a fair, or slightly above fair price on in one bid. Do not get caught up in a bidding war. That just gives the other guy time to conclude "it's just another $25 more!" That will just drive it up for no reason. That is unless you are bidding on a guitar I am sell, then use the first suggestion and bid REALLY HIGH!:-

Archived