Gibson Brands Forums

Heard the latest news?....

Lowdown

Zakk Wylde's history. [confused] Ozzy has some pretty boy Greek guitarist in named Gus G.(?)from a band called Hawkwind. I dunno,never heard of them or him. Don't really care either to tell you the truth.

I mentioned in a post by neo(I think)how much I detested Zakk Wylde now for what he has become. A walking,talking real life cartoon. Merchandise coming out of his backside to match KISS.

He lost it after Pride & Glory in my book. [-( That BLS rubbish was the fly on the cake.

I dont like his stuff....to much shred...

I agree with you on the shredding. No melody - nothing. Just showmanship of how fast I can go. It doesn't even look fun to play. My 6th grade music teacher way back when - wildly pounded out notes on a piano and on an electric guitar one day in class and said - "believe it or not, one day this will be considered music" and dang if she wasn't right. Shredding and Yoko primal screams are what we then considered nonsense. Just my opinion. Nothing against shredding or Yoko, just not my cup of tea.

Hey guys,

This discussion has taken place already in other forums, with many opinions stated for / against. Ozzy had a live show with Gus G. already. Here is Mr. Crowley:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmOOnq_bPQ8

Gus G. is Greek 100% (yep, we're damn proud of him!) and he has been shredding with Firewind a few years now, with 3-4 albums if I'm not mistaken.

I'm not sure how you feel about Zakk. I used to have enormous respect for the guy but IMHO he has taken quite a downfall the last years... Also heard that Ozzy was a real asshole about the replacement and that he did not bother to tell Zakk about it, which is not hard to believe...

Ozzy himself is heading down (his voice in the youtube video is shitty actually...) and his last chance to recover is to hire some new, very talented, full of ideas and full of enthusiasm musicians, just like Gus G. for example...

Gus G. is simply amazing and here is something else worth checking out as well:

The only thing he did wrong, is playing an Eclipse for the live, perhaps to remind more of older Ozzy guitarists... The man has a signature ESP for god's sake! Don't give a **** about Ozzy. ''Heavy Metal's Madonna'' has been described and I sign under that comment. But I wish all the best to Gus because he has some enormous shoes to fill in...

Archived