Gibson Brands Forums

The buckethead les paul is up for grabs now.

dem00n

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This guitar is CRAZY!! We have a demo in the customer service area... MAN It is huge.. I am just wondering if some one has been able to plug on in and give it a go.

You have my address..... You could always send it my way' date=' and I'll take her for a spin[biggrin']

It's amazing and commendable that Gibson has wisely chosen to produce this guitar. 27" inches and 24 frets, chambered lighter-weight body, this is almost a completely different guitar. Many people who love the Les Paul for its shorter scale will want to try it out, but I'm sure they'll find it slightly big on them; however, there's a huge segment of players out there who DON'T play Les Pauls because of the shorter scale--their larger hands feel cramped on one for shredding--and these players is an entirely different portion of the guitar-playing market. Potential upside to this (and possible variants with the longer scale) for Gibson's market share are huge.

Very nice. That's what Bucket's first Les Paul was modeled on.

edit: did that guitar come from the factory with white hardware? I've never seen that before on a production model.

Yeap, this guitar was custom made for Monte Pittman (Prong/Madonna/Adam Lambert) for Madonna's Confessions Tour. (all the musicians had white gear)

He also had one with gold hardware at first.

This guitar is CRAZY!! We have a demo in the customer service area... MAN It is huge.. I am just wondering if some one has been able to plug on in and give it a go.

anyone else think shadow should post more often?

Cool stuff shadow.

AT 6'4" and 260 I actually like the idea of the size on this guitar I just wish it wasn't a Buckethead model and the goofy red switches weren't there - then I'd probably buy it but I couldn't make myself play a Buckethead the whole mask and chicken bucket thing and the numbchucks and his weird comments are just too much he's just too lame I couldn't play it.

Archived