Gibson Brands Forums

All Hail SLASH!!!!

slashadler

In my opinion, Slash is the greatest guitarist who ever lived. He inspired me to pick up the guitar and start jamming. His music has changed my life in so many ways. Slash can write everything from a hard rock/metal riff to a more calming riff like Don't Cry or Yesterdays. He is a ****ing Legend in my eyes. Thoughts??

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In my opinion' date=' Slash is the greatest guitarist who ever lived. He inspired me to pick up the guitar and start jamming. His music has changed my life in so many ways. Slash can write everything from a hard rock/metal riff to a more calming riff like Don't Cry or Yesterdays. He is a ****ing Legend in my eyes. Thoughts??[/quote']

He inspired me to pick up the guitar also, but to say he's the greatest guitarist who ever lived is taking it a bit far imho.

btw what did you think of Chinese Democracy?

In my opinion' date=' Slash is the greatest guitarist who ever lived. He inspired me to pick up the guitar and start jamming. His music has changed my life in so many ways. Slash can write everything from a hard rock/metal riff to a more calming riff like Don't Cry or Yesterdays. He is a ****ing Legend in my eyes. Thoughts??[/quote']

Yeah what he sayed!!

His be-bop jazz stuff is killer too. [blink]

I know he cant shred like satriani or vai but he can pull off some pretty bad @$$ stuff

There's a wee bit of shred on Paradise City towards the end.

The thing about Slash is, his playing in inimitable. It's probably easier to learn a Satch tune than it is to learn the SCOM solo.

Sorry man your wrong slash does it all not just classic rock. He da man!

There are a couple of guys here who just adore slash too - jesse' date=' oilpit, and dem00n I think.[/quote']

I'm a big a fan as anyone. But I put it to you that Slash does blues-based rock and only blues-based rock - that's his bag and he does it very well.

Prove me wrong.

Archived