Gibson Brands Forums

I saw Them Crooked Vultures last night...

:oilpit:

For those of you who haven't heard of them, they are:

Josh Homme from Queens of the Stone Age on guitar and vocals

Dave Grohl from Nirvana on drums

and John Paul Jones

I had not heard any of their music before the show, the album only came out like 4 days ago, so I didn't really know what to expect.

The opening band was lame and they went on an hour late, so we were all rather pissed off

but then Dave walked out and started doin' his thing, followed by JPJ and finally Josh

It was ******* incredible, the rhythm section was so incredibly tight, I don't even have words to describe it

They played for 3 full hours, their whole album, Aneurism, Smells Like Teen Spirit, Whole Lotta Love, The Rover and a LOT more

They ended with a 7 minute piano solo by JPJ

It was absolutely amazing

That is all

It was ******* incredible' date=' the rhythm section was so incredibly tight, I don't even have words to describe it

They played for 3 full hours, their whole album, Aneurism, Smells Like Teen Spirit, Whole Lotta Love, The Rover and a LOT more

They ended with a 7 minute piano solo by JPJ

It was absolutely amazing

That is all[/quote']

I am not actually a big fan of either Nirvana or those Queens (...off the Stone Age? That must have been really difficult for them...!) but your post makes me wanna check the album as well. I heard a couple of songs on the net... Not so sure, they do not seem to be my kind of stuff, but perhaps I will give them a chance...

I've listened to their album a few times and I don't like it.

I'm usually disappointed with these super bands.

Live is completely different - music usually sounds better live.

Heck, I took the wife to see The Killers around two months ago and they sounded great live.

I hate The Killers.

Archived