Gibson Brands Forums

No Black Friday bag

Cruznolfart

Seems that some folks get pushed into the herd against their will.

I took the two brothers I've spoken of in previous posts down to GC yesterday where we plunged into the largest crowd I've ever seen in the place. I don't like crowds when I hafta be part of them but this was different. I don't normally leave GC, or any other music store for that matter, without treating myself to something fun...but, again, this was different.

See, yesterday I bought 2 basses, neither one for myself. I found a CL listed, 2 year old closet-queen Ibanez SRX3ex

437192.jpg

(stock photo)

with a hard case for $250.00, the owner met us at GC and we did the transaction out front. That one was for the younger brother and, with the blue quilted maple top, was his favorite color. Perfect condition, too! Inside I ordered, for the older brother, a new Ibanez SR700. Now he gets to wait for a week or so...torture!

544374.jpg

I gotta admit, it was a lot of fun. Both the guys had saved up their hard-earned money to buy their own basses, I didn't tell 'em Mrs. Cruzn and I were gonna pony up 'till we did the deed. Wish you could'a seen their faces. [laugh]

BTW, the Ibanez basses, with their Bartolini pups and eq's are the shiznits! Incredible tonal variations and the sweetest bass voice I've heard in mucho tiempo. Definitely worth a listen if you're leaning towards a bass purchase. I'm Jonesin' more than ever now for my SR5000e.

There's more than ONE way to spend Black Friday. [cool]

I was in VA visiting my in-laws and they wanted to go to Williamsburg at midnight. Well about a million other people had the same idea and traffic was backed up for miles. After moving about 300 yards in about a half hour, we got off an exit and turned around. Those people who stuck it out are nuts IMO.

I must have just lucked out this year. Hit the Marine Corps Exchange in Quantico, VA at 4:30, doors opened at 5, made it to the Electronics Dept, got in another line for the TV's that were part of their Early Bird specials, got a ticket for the TV, then got in line to pay at a cash register....got the TV I wanted and only had to get there 30 minutes early. Hopped in the van and made it to the Best Buy down the road by 6:30. Was able to get the Canon camcorder I had targeted (the last one they had), a new vacuum cleaner for the wife and some CD's for my kids....out the door by 7:30. Headed down 95 a bit to the Guitar Center in Fredericksburg, VA. Didn't really see anything that I had to have. Picked up a couple of the $5 stands, the BBE AM64 distortion pedal for $19 and a couple of song books. Test drove a Traditional Standard Pro..liked it but not enough to take it home. Hit the ****'s Sporting Goods store next door, picked up a couple of small items for an upcoming ski trip. Headed to the Sports Authority across the street from that particular shopping mall, found a baseball bat that my son wanted that was being blown out for 50% off (last year's model and the only one in the size he needed). Was headed back home by 11. Not a bad experience at all......must have just been lucky.

I was in VA visiting my in-laws and they wanted to go to Williamsburg at midnight. Well about a million other people had the same idea and traffic was backed up for miles. After moving about 300 yards in about a half hour' date=' we got off an exit and turned around. Those people who stuck it out are nuts IMO. [/quote']

Man, I've NEVER understood the early-bird shopper mentality. And traffic? Please! We live out in the boonies and, when I got to town, if traffic is even a LITTLE bit heavy, I turn around and go home. And that's in a little ol' bitty place like Grants Pass, OR. I can't believe I ever commuted in the SF bay area...I could never do it now.

I bought 2 50lb bags of dog food (Iams Red Bag for active mature pups) at 29 each thats a saving of almost 20 per bag and they have $40.00 in coupons inside. Those two bags will last a month maybe a little longer.

Hiya' date=' Jocko! Now that's what I call good parenting; using your Black Friday shopping energy to take care of the critters. I hope they know how lucky they are! [img']http://techcrown.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Lucky-Dog.jpg[/img]

Archived