Gibson Brands Forums

Is this R7 GT real?

ibis

Seen on Ebay

Ebay link

Seems odd that this R7 Gold Top doesn't come with certs or Custom shop case.

I'm not thinking of buying (I've already got my R7). I just hate the idea of people getting ripped off.

Does the binding in the cutaway look good to you guys? Otherwise I reckon it looks very good.

The guitar does look pretty good from those pictures...it's hard to tell if it's a fake or not. Weird, they usually show you a pic of the front of the headstock.

I've only seen one R7 up close and personal and it did not have a white lined case interior. It was a Custom Shop Case with purple on the inside, like my Custom's case. Not a reason to think it's fake, I'm just pointing out what I noticed. Maybe they're not consistent with their cases?

Looks good to me ' date=' Reissues are not custom shop hence the lack of pedigree and case .

[/quote']

That's news to me:-k

The Reissues are featured on Gibson's Custom webpages, rather than the regular USA website.

The Les Paul Custom they have in the local guitar store has a COA...

If I remember correctly, the older RI LP's did not come with COA's. I'm not sure of the year when this policy was revised, but the newer RI LP's have a COA and are Custom Shop. Mine's an '04 w/COA.

As for the one for sale, those are some pretty bad photos. I can't tell if the hardware is chrome or nickel. A photo of the headstock would be beneficial to all.

My RO goldtop isn't custom shop ' date=' 6 digit serial # and all .

I could be wrong, I know more about playin em than analyzing them . [/quote']

didnt know the R0 was made as a goldtop. All the reissues are custom shop, nd SHOULD have a custom shop case. Not saying the R7 pictured isnt real, I believe it is, but I'd need more pics to be sure.

If I remember correctly' date=' the older RI LP's did not come with COA's. I'm not sure of the year when this policy was revised, but the newer RI LP's have a COA and are Custom Shop. Mine's an '04 w/COA.

As for the one for sale, those are some pretty bad photos. I can't tell if the hardware is chrome or nickel. A photo of the headstock would be beneficial to all.

[/quote']

according to the serial #, its a 2006.

Archived