Gibson Brands Forums

I know there is a similar topic...

Silenced Fred

But I originally posted this in the Semi Hollowbody section and am curious if there will be any difference in responses:

I have looked at the Satin 335 and the 339, and have somewhat of a hardchoice to make, not only because they are both great guitars, but also because that is a serious chunk of change!

In your experience, which one would you go for?

I know that the 339 is brighter sounding, and the 335 is a little more mellow. But what has been your experience? I thought this might get a little more traffic being in the Lounge and all [cool]

i have a LP' date=' so i would take the 335. the 339 falls inbetween the two. it would however make a good gigging guitar. [/quote']

What makes you say that it would be a good gigging guitar? Wouldn't the 335 and LP also make good gigging guitars? I am just trying to understand and get the knowledge I can

What makes you say that it would be a good gigging guitar? Wouldn't the 335 and LP also make good gigging guitars? I am just trying to understand and get the knowledge I can

if you only wanted to take one guitar, the 339 would be a good choice....it can sound almost like a LP and almost like a 335, so you wouldnt have to bring a LP and a 335.

I'm usually shopping for tones' date=' so it would depend on which one matched what was in my head the best. I dunno if that helps at all...[confused']

Yeah, that's what I did and I played a 339 for a long time, and then I figured I would try a 335 for whatever reason, and fell in love. I think I am going to go for a used 335 gloss, can't decide on ebony or cherry yet though, but I think that sounds like a plan to me.

I was just interested what other people thought

Archived