Gibson Brands Forums

I quit my band.

dem00n

The drummer quit because his mom doesnt like us. (Hes 17)

Bassist quit playing bass. (Wants to play guitar though he doesnt own one)

2nd guitarist is just a **** who hard to play with it and bosses everyone around.

And the singer...well he did nothing wrong me and him will still jam.

Me...well i just sit down on the couch and watch them aruge and go on the gibson forum.

So this is my 6th band...and ive been playing for a year and 4 months.

**** me. [blush]

Relationships! Pah!

Don't get too discouraged, dem00n, sometimes you gotta go through a ton of sh@t "musicians" to find someone that's real. Then THEY gotta get along with everybody else, and on, and on, and on. But when you get the right peeps...it's awesome and worth all the headaches you went through. It'll happen if you make it happen.

Hey dem00n' date=' your Location says you're in New York? Would you by any change be in or around NYC?

If you're ever around, let me know, and maybe we can jam if we're both up for it...[/quote']

Im in the long island area.

Who needs a band?

Well, I guess if you play the sort of music I think you do, the answer is "you."

I like my way of doing things. Write the songs, record the songs, and play the songs. Pick up a band when I need one.

Sure, we never rehearse together before the performance, but that adds a level of "freshness" to it.

It's all part of life's great adventure. We always had four members in our band and at times things got very ugly. The drummer wouldn't show up to gigs, someone would do something stupid involving any number of things; I could go on and on. Sometimes things went from bad to worse. My twin brother was the bass player and we fought like crazy over stupid things. Today we don't even talk to each other anymore because we've grown apart. I've accepted that (note it doesn't mean I like it but I have accepted it). Life is going to throw you curve balls and music relationships are the world series of it. You just gotta smile, roll with it and move on.

"All the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players"

Archived