Gibson Brands Forums

winter storm

guitargreg1993

You lucky bastards....where I do live is at the moment -13 degrees Fahrenheits....at the northern part of the Finland (Lappland' date=' where Santa lives) is at around -31 degrees Fahrenheits.A good winter weather for going to do the winter swimming on my home lake (of course there is hole into ice for that, and it is always kept open)[/quote']

Brrrrrrr!!! I just came in from outside, it's a little after 2200 hrs. and still 50 degrees fahrenheit. Boy, am I a lucky bastard or what? dancer.gif

Welcome to the forums, Reiska, good to have you here.

Great Britain is covered in a lovely blanket of snow and more is on the way for the weekend. Bike staying in shed' date=' Landrover really useful for once.[/quote']

It got down to -21c last night in the Scottish islands. The UK has just about run out of gas, seriously. (That's gas for heating etc not the stuff you put in your car.) In normal conditions we have approx 8 days supply stored whereas Germany has 100 days - and we still produce 50% of our own useage.)

The UK has also just about run out of road salt, despite us mining it in Scotland and exporting it all over the world. And you shouldn't clear the pavements outside your house in case someone slips and sues you.

To quote Catherine Tate.........."What a load of sh1t!"

The 2 eldest sons' schools are closed so they have a day with Call of Duty and Assassins Creed II, whatever that means.

I'm pleased to be at work.

Hey' date=' here in Chicago we got us a winter storm brewin.... its already snowed like 6 in and were supposed to get up to 14 more by tomorrow.... we got an early dismissal at 1 today cuz of the storm and a (possible) snow day tomorrow.... so im just enjoying being home and relaxing the rest of the day (and hopefully tomorrow too) [biggrin']

hows the winter everywhere else??

Where are you at in Chicago? My wife is a Lane Tech grad and she said the *never* had snow days. Ever. Can't believe they gave you an early dismissal.

Archived