Gibson Brands Forums

Things you wished you'd never seen.

Diatonic_mealworm

Cop's' date=' firemen, and EMT see the worse stuff every day, I'm not just talking about seeing dead people. My dad was a cop for 30 + years, started in 1954, before his death I finally talked him into relaying some of the stuff he saw.

I won't go into details, but if you like Lecter Hanibal this would be right up your alley.[/quote']

PLEASE..PLEAZE?

Jumpers?....

Grew up in the oilfield.

As a kid I drove lotsa guys to town with mashed or removed feet and hands, or teeth knocked out.

Went on to operate cranes for more than a dozen years, saw some big mishaps there.

Cleaned up quite a few that were too big for mere fire trucks and heavy wreckers.

Explosions, fires in chemical plants and refineries. Lost a couple friends and know several who were burned.

You will NEVER forget that smell when somebody is still smoldering when you get to them.

Last one was in 2003, electrician got cooked in my unit at a power plant - on only 277 volts.

He was gone before they put him in the helicopter.

Despite all that, I have to go with the fire, EMS and police guys.

People do some horrific things to others - and themselves - too often it seems absolutely senseless.

They aren't in an industrial environment and should not die doing the stupid sh!t they do.

Kids are the hardest, I've stopped to help at a few accidents over the years and, well....

A scared, crying kid is one thing - a mangled kid in shock with eyes wide open is quite another.

I just try to remember that if it was me laying there, I would want help.

If it was my wife, kids or parents I would want the best response possible for them from ANY stranger.

I cut mt chin in a karate sparring' date=' broke my teeth, and had to spit em out.. this was the worst thing i've ever seen... but is nothing compared to all that you saw, thank God![/quote']

Ok, I know this is kind of a serious thread so I feel kind of weird posting humorous things on it. But damn! That's pretty badass! You broke your teeth doing karate!

Ok' date=' I know this is kind of a serious thread so I feel kind of weird posting humorous things on it. But damn! That's pretty badass! You broke your teeth doing karate![/quote']

I could be mistaken, but I suspect it was someone ELSE who broke his teeth. :)

I have seen someone right after they got hit by a car trying to cross a highway.

It was like an hour after, the body was still there, not even covered.

I won't lie, there is a fair amount of serious crime in the country, nearly as bad as Jamaica, on a smaller scale. The newspapers, have put pictures of dead bandits or innocent people lying on the road, either wholly, partially or not even covered by the sheets.

I'm gonna guess Nikko16 would say this qualifies;

Today I got up around eleven and then went downstairs where my mom made me breakfast.

She was in a very good mood and so was my dad.

My sister and I thought it was weird but didn't really care.

So we eat and then I go upstairs and get on my facebook.

I am then notice in the little bar on the side that four hours ago both my parents became "fans" of morning sex.

:-/

I think the best thing that happened to me is that the first db along those lines that I encountered was a guy frozen solid. I hadda help the ambulance crew get him into the old-style one-holer. I was young and it really seemed... odd... and brought some interesting aftereffects.

Then "shooting" for newspaper and law enforcement... helping here and there.

I think I had the advantage of mostly being there as a walking camera.

Although there were a few times....

m

Archived