Gibson Brands Forums

Putting Lace in My Strat (Update: They're In).

FirstMeasure

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shoot' date=' that was a [i']perfect[/i] performance, man! Like many of the other guys 'round here, it's one of my favorites and you (unlike many others) have truly done it justice here. Great tone and ****in' fantastic playing.

Mind your manners. :-$

The members who go out of they're way to contribute and help others here who are after soundclips and info,do it of their own free-will and time and do not need to be denigrated to being part of a best clip/worst clip scenario!

That is NOT what it is about.

Some members are very reserved and anxious about their performances to begin with and don't need to put down by harsh judgements. OK?[cool]

Again,choose your words carefully next time mate.

Thankyou.

Thanks Dem00n and Recsec

First Measure that was sweet!! I love the tone!

That's those Lace Sensors through a couple Fender Stage Amps. Sometimes I step on a TS-9 and of course a Wah Wah (595Q), but mostly just Guitar and Amp.

I really believe that a guitar gets most of its voice form its wood, now. I expected a totally different guitar when I put in the new Pickups, but it still had it's old voice, just a lot more "Umph". It sounds more aggressive, but it has the same timber.

Mind your manners. [biggrin]

The members who go out of they're way to contribute and help others here who are after soundclips and info' date='do it of their own free-will and time and do not need to be denigrated to being part of a best clip/worst clip scenario!

That is NOT what it is about.

Some members are very reserved and anxious about their performances to begin with and don't need to put down by harsh judgements. OK?:D

Again,choose your words carefully next time mate.

Thankyou.[/quote']

I wasn't talking about other members. I was talking about a few of the world's professional recording musicians who have done covers of that tune.

All of the clips I've heard from the members of this Forum have sounded great.

I know that you love to jump on my back at every little thing, and I thank you for getting me to explain myself (because I understand that my statement may have been a little unclear,) but trust me, I don't mean to offend anyone here.

Great job firstmeasure you truly are a rocker and the Lace Sensors sound

great. I give your up grade a definate thumbs up.

Xdemonknight your sig is perfect. No one needs to call you on anything,

you do a perfectly good job of making yourself look like one.

CW

Xdemonknight your sig is perfect. No one needs to call you on anything' date='

you do a perfectly good job of making yourself look like one.

CW[/quote']

wow, way to make yourself look like an *** buddy.

Great job firstmeasure you truly are a rocker and the Lace Sensors sound

great. I give your up grade a definate thumbs up.

CW

[cool] Thanks, I'm very happy with the Lace Sensors. I half expected them to sound too Sterile or dry, or at least not "Strat" enough.

Still not used to the Red Pickup, it's really hot, but maybe just a little thin. The "Blue" has a lot of punch and bottom end, and the Silver sounds like a "Fat 70's single coil" just like the company claimed. If I don't get used to the Red one I might replace it with another Blue, but I'll give it some time before I go there.

Well' date=' it took me longer that I had planned, and I still haven't made a video of them being "Demoed", but here's my Strat and the Blue/Silver/Red......

In Action

[cool] ...Very cool!!!

Let me know when and where you're playing..... My wife and I at times get sick of being mom and dad and we like to get out[biggrin]

[cool] ...Very cool!!!

Let me know when and where you're playing..... My wife and I at times get sick of being mom and dad and we like to get out[biggrin]

That would be *****en, Duane.

This next weekend we're playing at Snow Summit Ski Resort. That's the 13th and 14th from 3-7. That's in Big Bear, so you'd have to drive a little, but come Spring Time we'll be playing around the Inland Empire. Hopefully some nice places, but can't be too choosy when your band is still pretty new.

Here's our Myspace Page, our Singer really makes it happen.

http://www.myspace.com/thebandcontagious

That would be *****en' date=' Duane.

This next weekend we're playing at Snow Summit Ski Resort. That's the 13th and 14th from 3-7. That's in Big Bear, so you'd have to drive a little, but come Spring Time we'll be playing around the Inland Empire. Hopefully some nice places, but can't be too choosy when your band is still pretty new.

Here's our Myspace Page, our Singer really makes it happen.

http://www.myspace.com/thebandcontagious[/quote']

[cool] .... DAMMIT!!! I'll be heading for Moncton Canada saturday the 13th[angry] [angry] ......

Keep me posted on other gigs you and your band have..... Also try the Wire in Upland... It's a cool little place to play as well[cool]

...I know that you love to jump on my back at every little thing' date=' and I thank you for getting me to explain myself (because I understand that my statement may have been a little unclear,) but trust me, I don't mean to offend [i']anyone[/i] here.

Oh c'mon mate. You're making it sound as if I single you out or something[confused] [angry]

Look,granted I maybe should've asked you to explain yourself,but I just get very protective when it comes to anyone who has the balls to spill their guts musically out there for all to hear and pass judgement on regardless of how good or bad they may be.

Some do it via smartarsed backhanded comments(they know who they are)yet don't have the intestinal fortitude to contribute anything of worth themselves...

So please accept my apologies to you XD.[mellow]

[cool] Now keep those soundclips coming...

:-& .... DAMMIT!!! I'll be heading for Moncton Canada saturday the 13th[angry] [angry] ......

Keep me posted on other gigs you and your band have..... Also try the Wire in Upland... It's a cool little place to play as well[cool]

You bet I will. And I'll try the Wire' date=' Upland is plenty close to us. The one good thing about Big Bear (for musicians anyway) is that it's close to Palm Springs, Redlands, The High Desert, a lot of places to play. We have to drive to get to any of it, but there's a lot to drive too [cool .

Thanks for the support Duane.[cool]

Archived