Gibson Brands Forums

My new Tele

jannusguy

One of the - if not the best lookin Tele's I have seen. I bet you are having a bit of trouble waiting on it. Can't wait to hear a clip of the tone(s).

I vote reverb myself. But take it to a shop and try them all to get what you want.

What is up with the POS comment... sheesh, unnecessary. Omit it and enjoy that axe! Don't stoop to that level, because once there - they will have more experience than you do.

One of the - if not the best lookin Tele's I have seen. I bet you are having a bit of trouble waiting on it. Can't wait to hear a clip of the tone(s).

I vote reverb myself. But take it to a shop and try them all to get what you want.

What is up with the POS comment... sheesh' date=' unnecessary. Omit it and enjoy that axe! Don't stoop to that level, because once there - they will have more experience than you do.

[/quote']

good advice. thx...

the waiting is hard.

Sorry if this has been covered yet but what amp are you coupling it with?

a vendor i use for back line in my business is gonna let me pick a couple from the warehouse. gonna start with a princeton reverb. then maybe a twin. from there, who knows. open to suggestions. guitar won't arrive until thursday, earliest.

DRRI is about as good as it gets.

Deluxe Reverb Reissue.....

Serious.

Yeah that amp is serious business. Sounds really good with a Gibson. Especially an es IMO. Really sounds good with anything I've plugged into one.

The DR is the holy grail of Fender amps to me.

Hey, I plug mine into a Gibson GA-5 and a Suped-up Fender Blues Jr. called a Custom Shop Two-Tone. Both are EL-84 voiced amps and my telecaster sounds great through both amps. I love the sound of the Carr amp you mentioned though. The EL-34 tube has some real clarity of depth.

anyone familiar with CARR amps? specifically the Mercury?

I love my CARR Raleigh it's my go-to amp for home and practice great tone and the build quality is superb. I've never played the Mercury but it a very intriguing amp everything from 1/10 to 8 Watts very versatile size and cool concept as well as a great Retro vibe and looks.

DRRI is about as good as it gets.

Deluxe Reverb Reissue.....

Yup, a Princeton Reverb or Deluxe Reverb is definitely something to think about.

And sometimes it's possible to get a Silverface for the same price as a Reissue. My 1977 DR actually cost less than a Reissue.

The Carr you asked about is also supposedly quite nice, but at that price you could get a couple of Silverfaces.

Buying an amp is a tough decision... Good luck finding yours!

Almost forgot:

Beautiful Tele!!!

Archived