Gibson Brands Forums

Convert iTunes m4p to mp3?

damnedrm

I have some albums in format of .m4p bought from iTunes, now i want to cut off clips from them and merge into news ones in special taste.

But the problem is the editing program need songs in .mp3 format, i downloaded some free converters after a Google search, but none of them works.

Does anyone ever have such an experience or get the "know-how"? Please show me the way out?

Thanks in advance!

Quick search with google >>

If you are dealing with .m4a files, I'm guessing you are using iTunes. In that case, this is easy. In iTunes go to Edit->Preferences. Then, on the Advanced tab, go to the Importing tab. Change "Import Using:" to MP3 Encoder. Now, in your library, highlight whatever .m4a files you want to change, right click, and select "Convert selection to MP3".

if you bought it from iTunes it's a protected mp4

Not necessarily. Most songs available now are unprotected, and have been for a year or more.

iTunes has two kinds of store files - "Protected AAC" and "Purchased AAC."

Protected files use FairPlay DRM, Purchased files only contain the account's e-mail address in the ID3 tag.

I have some albums in format of .m4p bought from iTunes' date=' now i want to cut off clips from them and merge into news ones in special taste.

But the problem is the editing program need songs in .mp3 format, i downloaded some free converters after a Google search, but none of them works.

Does anyone ever have such an experience or get the "know-how"? Please show me the way out?

Thanks in advance![/quote']

no-spam-1-1.gif

Take a look at your own homepage [blink]

Peter

Not necessarily. Most songs available now are unprotected' date=' and have been for a year or more.

iTunes has two kinds of store files - "Protected AAC" and "Purchased AAC."

Protected files use FairPlay DRM, Purchased files only contain the account's e-mail address in the ID3 tag.[/quote']

Huh, I did not know that [blink]

• 8 months later...

Archived