Gibson Brands Forums

What was the first album you purchased?

ledzep59

Not really sure... probably the first I bought was when I was 5 years old, I was alredy developing a huge fanatism for Guns n' Roses, and probably I asked my dad to buy Use Your Illusion I for me ( In CD format ) and the first vinyl was some 5 months ago ( [biggrin] ), it was Appetite for Destrucion, I don't have a vinyl player, but I got it for the collection!! =D .

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maiden with Paul DiAnno will always be 100 times more awesome than anything with Bruce Dickinson anyway.

While it's kind of an apples and oranges comparison' date=' I'm inclined to agree. I like the first two Iron Maiden albums albums a lot. It almost seemed like a different band then. Paul Dianno had a simpler, more "street" vocal style (no operatic pretensions in other words). I like Number of the Beast and even Piece of Mind, but Bruce Dickinson's histrionics got old after that. If that's blasphemy to the Maiden faithful, then so be it.

For your comparison...

[YOUTUBE']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9des4HfNJ6o[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

While it's kind of an apples and oranges comparison' date=' I'm inclined to agree. I like the first two Iron Maiden albums albums a lot. It almost seemed like a different band then. Paul Dianno had a simpler, more "street" vocal style (no operatic pretensions in other words). I like Number of the Beast and even Piece of Mind, but Bruce Dickinson's histrionics got old after that. If that's blasphemy to the Maiden faithful, then so be it.

[/quote']

i STILL think you're wrong. but whatever.... like you said, apples and oranges. i just prefer Brucey over Paul Dianno ANY day.... :-

Without Bruce Dickinson, there would be no Maiden. Just like how Maiden sucked when Adrian Smith left and Janick took his place.... just think, all their best albums (Number of the Beast, Piece of Mind, Powerslave, and Somewhere in Time) were all after Bruce joined. I mean yea, Iron Maiden and Killers were 2 really great albums, but they dont stand up to their next couple albums with Bruce. 1982-1986 were Maiden's "golden years" and produced their best work. Period. [biggrin]

Well I don't recall what I paid for probably some Hendrix or Zep ....but I rember finding an album by a band called Frigid Pink in the garbage...they did a good

House of the rising sun. I also aquired an 8 track of All the worlds a stage from Rush which I loved.

....but I rember finding an album by a band called Frigid Pink in the garbage...they did a good

House of the rising sun.

That was a pretty good album. I have it on my iPod now - how times change.

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

So it was real..........let me go back in time an check this out.....oh yeah that was great

and if truth be told my style and sound of playing ....or what I would like it to be ....is like that

Hav'nt heard that in 30 years.

Maiden with Paul DiAnno will always be 100 times more awesome than anything with Bruce Dickinson anyway.

I have to agree with that as well. Di'anno put out some other good stuff as well.

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

When I was six or seven I was in the car with my dad and we were listening to the radio. Machine gun by Jimi Hendrix came on and afterwards I was like "hey that was cool, we should get that music dad!". Him being a musician and this being the first time I asked for music we went straight to our local record store and bought Jimi Hendrix Blue Wild Angel. Which is the recording of the concert he played at the isles of white.

Another bit of funny imformation is that my first favorite song is from when I was three or four. It was Bark at the Moon by Ozzy! [thumbup]

trex-slider.jpg

Bought it when I was 11 (1981) with my first pay from mowing lawns,which I did every 2 weeks - and hated. But this was during the time before todaze (sic. intended) $50 weekly,no questions asked,get outta my hair pocket money kids.

I got paid $6 for half a days work. Yard work that is.[wink]

Yep,I was an elderly widowers doormat.[cool]

Archived