Gibson Brands Forums

Telecaster Club

Thundergod

Everytime I play it' date=' I feel like "why do I need anything else?!"[/quote']

Happens to me too (ever since got my custom tele) and I don't know the answer to that one... I think it really is the ultimate guitar for my tastes, and maybe the last guitar I'll ever need.

Doesn't mean I won't buy more guitars tho... right now I am looking at one more for my birthday :^o

They're beauties' date=' TG, but I gotta say that Custom is a total eye-popper. If it plays and sounds as great as it looks, it's a family heirloom! Never part with that one. [lol] [/quote']

That blue thingy plays better than it looks, and feels like holding hands with Jesus, Mohammed and Budha while watching Isla Fisher and Kate Beckinsale wash your car...:^o

I really think it's the last guitar I'll ever need.B)

Telecasters with EMGs are for faggots.....

Just sayin'

I am all that is man and have a tele loaded with EMGs :^o that tele set is great, you should give one a try sometime, you'll be amazed. I can tell you this: the (a lot more) famous EMG 81/85 set doesn't compare to this one at all.

I am all that is man and have a tele loaded with EMGs :^o that tele set is great' date=' you should give one a try sometime, you'll be amazed. I can tell you this: the (a lot more) famous EMG 81/85 set doesn't compare to this one at all.

[/quote']

That's actually what I have heard, but if they don't sound like scooped, over gained shred pickups. And they don't sound like traditional Tele pickups, what DO they sound like?

Don't have mine yet. Still in the design process.

I am building the body in my shop class. It's going to be a mahagony back with a wenge top and bevelled (round) edges. It will be routed for two humbuckers (neck and bridge) which will be coil tapable and I single coil in the middle. It will also have some sort of floyd rose style tremolo. Controls will still be simple tele for the most part. One volume, one tone, push pull pots for coil tapping. but instead of the three way switch it will have a five way like a strat.

The neck I am going to get from warmoth. Maple with an ebony fret board, 24 frets, bolt on, graphtech earvana nut, locking tuners, vintage tint finish.

Still not sure about pickups, I will most likely have them custom made by my guitar guy though. His stuff is great! Might do some high gain stuff, might not though. Still thinking about it.

It will look basically like this, except a tele :-k

SR5006EOL_wenge_top-back_mahogany_b.jpg

See how the sides are curved so you can see the mahagony sticking out farther then the wenge. I like that. I also really like how the gold hardware looks against wenge. I might have some sort of pickguard on it, not sure yet though.

I could agree that a Gibson neck on a Tele sounds like a good idea. I like the Tele sound, and Roy Buchanan kinda proved you could do even jazz on one.

Problem for me is I've never liked Fender necks. Scale too long, nut too narrow for me, and I don't care for the arch on the fingerboard.

m

I could agree that a Gibson neck on a Tele sounds like a good idea. I like the Tele sound' date=' and Roy Buchanan kinda proved you could do even jazz on one.

Problem for me is I've never liked Fender necks. Scale too long, nut too narrow for me, and I don't care for the arch on the fingerboard.

m

[/quote']

This. I like the shorter scale and the broader neck on a Gibson. I must've acquired my taste from all those months on an old (excuse me, vintage) Guild classical when I was just starting out. I've yet to find a more comfortable neck than the one on that glorious old Guild.

Yeah, I started on a classical guitar too, and I think it made indelible pathways in my head and hands that makes the Gibson style neck more comfortable. In fact, if anything I'd almost like to try a slightly shorter neck. I've considered heavier strings detuned and capo at the 2nd fret... Never did it though.

m

What is that Nikko.

Isn't it a little thin?

I mean a telecaster is made out of a slab of wood.

That looks like a wafer.

Mine will be a bit thicker than this. Imagine it being around the same thickness ad a regular tele but with the sides bevveled so that they look like that.

Archived