Gibson Brands Forums

Makes sense don't it?

Silenced Fred

You know, Fred, if we try to ignore some of the threads not related to guitars/gear/music the Lounge might eventually clear itself up to some degree. Having said that, an occasional "thread not related" can be educational and/or entertaining and be of interest, and I enjoy some of that stuff. But we really don't need threads asking where to buy school supplies.

You know' date=' Fred, if we try to ignore some of the threads not related to guitars/gear/music the Lounge might eventually clear itself up to some degree. Having said that, an occasional "thread not related" can be educational and/or entertaining and be of interest, and I enjoy some of that stuff. But we really don't need threads asking where to buy school supplies.[/quote']

I hear you man, but I never pitched it as a replacement to the Lounge, just an add on. It would work like the LP section does, or the SG section, but for gear.

It falls on closed ears so what is the point [biggrin]

milod, since we're all here via computer, I think computer-related threads are relevant. It's just some of the other juvenile drivel that does seem to take over the Lounge sometimes that bothers me and, apparently, Fred61. Of course, I've been guilty at times of contributing to the drivel. I'm trying to be better.

Mr. Nat...

Yeah, although in ways I like my Gibson Lounge political discussions to have a degree of relevance to guitar playing.

Actually I think a lotta "politics" has to do with guitar playing if you're doin' it for money.

As for gear... I honestly think the computer and software will end up taking over a lotta amplifier and stomp box stuff as we get into it a bit more. I could feature that happening, anyway... I've seen computers taking up space on a lotta keyboards and 2-3-4 piece bands that sound like more...

m

It falls on closed ears so what is the point :-({|=

Nathan

It's not falling on deaf-ears...... But from what's been conveyed' date=' there has been some serious concerns in regards to subject matter in the lounge over the last 9 months. And before we can ask for anything else, we must show some level of responsibility with what we already have....... And I'm sorry to say (and I'm including myself) we have fallen short in keeping our end of the bargain.

Until we see the complaints diminish around here, and start seeing a more polished approach in how the members interact with each other..... I just don't feel comfortable in asking the powers that be for any forum upgrades.

Now this doesn't mean you can't present your request to the Customer Service Admin yourself. If I get asked by the Admin about my feelings in regards to your request, it will have my support.[cool

A gear section and all.... to have the ability to post actual gear questions and keep it separate from the nonsense on here..

Just sayin' :-

this is what the lounge originally was for. i remember those days where using the F-word got a threat deleted immediately....unless it involved a LP being better than a F***** :D

Duane- I will contact the Customer Service directly then, thanks

My main complaint is that while there seems to be decent gear threads, it is heavily outnumbered by the stupid unrelated posts. I think that the Lounge is meant for that, being a lounge, but not for serious questions. Too often, posts about actual gear are, for lack of a better word, sh¡t on by inane posters looking for a laugh, I hope that the same people who don't want this to happen on their post, wouldn't do this to others.

Are unrelated posts bad? No, this is a public forum, but if I want to know about something specific, I don't want to see my post get washed away to the third page before someone gets to see it because 25 people are posting going away threads, 15 others are posting about how to get slash tone, and another 7 are asking whether to buy an epiphone or a gibson.

This is my opinion and I will try to convey it the best I can.

PS, by gear, I mean amps, cables, picks, stompboxes, other guitars, pretty much anything guitar related, not so covered in an already existing section

Archived