Gibson Brands Forums

Oasis humidifiers

Space Pup

This year I tried the Oasis Guitar humidifiers three "in case" and three "in guitar" types. While I think they are good humidifiers I found the ones that go inside the guitar to have a major flaw. The cap sits up too high from the spacer and the lid of my guitar case pushes it down into the strings causing them to severely go out of tune. I worry this will cause additional tension on the strings leading to either a bridge lift or the strings eating into the end of the fetboard at the sound hole. Anyone else notice this problem?

I use them, but I don't stick them between the strings. I put them in between the 6th string and the edge of the sound hole with a little cloth between the plastic arm and the top wood. The Oasis works just fine in that position and the case top doesn't push the strings down.

Of course the best way to go is a room humidifier and hygrometer. But my guitars leave my house for gigs and I find the Oasis do a good job and it's easy to see when the need a refill.

Hope this helps.

I've used the Oasis in the guitar humidifier now for 3 years and have had no problem with the guitars going out of tune or showing any change in the top. I've got 7 guitars that I use them in. They may leave an imprint in the fabric (fur type material) on the top of the case but so did the Planet Waves type that goes between the strings.

I had one but gave it away. I got fed up trying to get it between the strings every night; too much hassle. Believe it or not' date=' now I use a cellulose sponge and a clothespin. It works great.[/quote']

How do you do that GG ? You dont put the sponge in a bag or anything? [confused]

How do you do that GG ? You dont put the sponge in a bag or anything? [blink]

Nope. I wring it out really really well, then hold it beneath the strings and put the clothespin through the strings and clip it. The clothespin even has a small hole hollowed out to accomodate the string. Just make sure to angle the sponge so that it doesn't touch the soundhole if you store your guitars upright (I do). Works great. I suppose you could use a baggie and then just clip the baggie (with sponge inside) to the strings with a clippie?

Archived