Gibson Brands Forums

People are retarded....

Andre S

In my school, we were partaking in a fund raiser, it was for a young leaders program, held annually by a local bank.

Some midschool students were in charge of it, and it was to be a concert held this friday..

Since, my friend and I are in charge of the school guitar club, we decided to join in, since, it would show the principal that we are doing something.

Today they come before the audition and tell us its off, so we leave, then they say its on, then they say they don't know, and as of now it is unknown.

They only told us yesterday, so we had to put together two acts, playing together for the first time ever, and nail an audition,

we were playing

some reggae stuff and iron man..., I was auditioning for iron man as well...

We had a mixer and drums, rhythm and lead guitar planned, but its all gone to sh!t now....

We made a plan to host a guitar club concert at the end of term, like the beginning of march......

As many people want to play a full song can play .

Those people for friday's concert are retarded.....

It depends upon who is giving you the 'mixed messages.'

If it is school aged kids, then go to the club's adult sponsor. Most school clubs / groups have an adult sponsor to make sure things are run appropriately. It should only be in an advisory capacity, but let the kids do as they wish... within reason. If this mixed message; "it's on..., it's not on... " is due to the usual school aged political crap that has been going on for time immemorium, the club's sponsor should bring the groups 'leaders' back into line.

Even if they allow you to go through the audtion process, they can still say, "No" just because they don't like the way you part your hair. But if they are unfairly preventing you from even auditioning, then the 'leaders' need to be reined in.

If it's an adult giving you mixed messages.. then go up the corporate ladder, if you feel it is worth it.

If it'ain't worth the pain, just schedule your spring concert and hold your head high.

Archived