Gibson Brands Forums

1964 Dove sound clip

ram1500

I hope this works.... No to long ago I posted here with the thoughts of selling my original 64'Dove... Glad everyone talked me out of it. Since then I've played it more and realized I could not part with a piece of the family. My father bought this in NYC back in 64-65'.

Here's a pic:

DSC_0853.jpg

I was messing around last night and came up with this. I guess growing up with the guitar i took for granted how great it sounds.

I call this "The Good The Bad and The Ugly".

http://www.garageband.com/mp3player?|pe1|S8LTM0LdsaShYVmwYWw

Gus

My early sixties Dove reissue with natural finish and even the Tune-o-matic bridge will be here before too much longer. It would have been here sooner, but I bought some horses. I hope when it gets here, it sounds as good as this one! Of course, mine was built just recently in Bozeman, but with time, I'm hoping for that original Dove tone! Yours sounds great! Nice playing, too! I kept expecting Clint Eastwood to ride up...

Cheers!

Rick...[biggrin]

I hope this works.... No to long ago I posted here with the thoughts of selling my original 64'Dove... Glad everyone talked me out of it. Since then I've played it more and realized I could not part with a piece of the family. My father bought this in NYC back in 64-65'.

Here's a pic:

DSC_0853.jpg

I was messing around last night and came up with this. I guess growing up with the guitar i took for granted how great it sounds.

I call this "The Good The Bad and The Ugly".

http://www.garageband.com/mp3player?|pe1|S8LTM0LdsaShYVmwYWw

Gus

Man... I remember that guitar.... one of the most beautiful Doves I've seen!

SO GLAD you decided NOT to sell it...you won't be sorry!

BTW... are you playin' all the parts?

Nice! i really enjoyed that.

Thanks so much for posting up the sound clip. Can you share some insight regarding your recording process - hardware/software used and how you went about putting it all together?

Guth

The Clint Eastwood clip is off one of the soundboard sites. I use Protools for recording. Yes I played all the parts, there are 5 separate tracks. I didn't actually plan the music. Just doodling with the slide and when something sounded catchy, I hit record. Then I Built on it. It's a bit sloppy but that's the beauty of it. Once it came together I got the idea to put the Clint Eastwood clip it and the electric lead and the song name...

I just like to hear the tone of the guitar, you don't necessarily hear everything sitting behind it playing..

Thanks

Archived