Gibson Brands Forums

The Truth

deepblue

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah' date=' thanks.

Very much an occasional thing, as time allows.

Oh yeah, especially since I work at least two weekends a month at the day job.

Gun sales are a bit more flexible, thanks to the extended hours the BATFE operates the NICS line.

It's random as hell.

Oh, I'm sorry if I was typing too fast and you misunderstood - Masters in Education and all.

My wife usually has no trouble keeping up with me with her education degree - and she's a woman.

You see, I have more than one 4x12 already.

I found that just one is more than adequate to get exciting sound pressure levels inside the NeoCon Compound.

When I hooked two up to the Marshall head, it was substantially more painful to stay in the room with it.

Therefore, my curiosity was satisfied and I unstacked them, hooking the Peavey cab back up to the Peavey head.

But here's the payoff -

With a friend of mine's cabinets (I'm typing slowly - just for you) I can make a half stack with two cabs.

He has a pair of Marshall 1936's - 2x12.

So, you see, it can get awfully confusing for some folks who just can't do the math in a hurry.

Two cabs, but still only a half stack.

Clever, eh?

Golly, I HOPE not! That would be expensive!

And what do you drive when you run across stuff? Vehicle damage could surely result from such behaviors...

See link in signature.

Click to your heart's content.

Indeed I will!

[cool

Wow you are the only person on this thread who took positive statements and turns them into a negative. I am not attacking you so this needs to stop. I own a 2 x 12 cab myself and I know the difference between half and full stack but that was not the advice you were giving the youngsters and it was pointed out in gest. I'm not looking to have these silly exchanges. You have already pointed out in another thread that you consider yourself a tough guy i cannot dispute it for I don't know who you are in fact it doesn't matter. Now we had a disagreement, exchanged words and it's over. I have other interests than to continue this game. These forums are meant to be infomative and fun and let's leave it at that. Now what me and others are really interested in is your statement that you recently talked to Joe Perry and wanted to know what the scoop was. How are Mr. Perry and his mates getting along?

TG...

To everything there is a season. A lot depends on the room but' date=' as you noted, a small amp has a lot more sound that a lotta people figure. I have a hunch it's also Tele friendly.

???

m

[/quote']

Yes it is! It sounds better with single coils than with humbuckers [cool]

That's what she said [cool][lol]

Sorry' date=' but I am a teen. Everyone has to be a kid sometimes.

its been a bad day...[/quote']

HAHAHAHA..... well, I only had to get intimate with the 8 inchers when I was visiting other firing batteries..... but the 175mm were the "big ones"!! They were twice as long as the 8 inchers!!!

Fred... <grin>

One thing common among older and younger folks is: "a bad day."

Well, and... <bigger grin> As you said, "Everyone has to be a kid sometimes."

The difference is that quite often older folks end up trying to hide both of the above from the younger folks in today's world. I tended to prefer the way things used to be when there was a necessity to have things a bit closer among age groups. We still have a lot of it where I live due to the ranching lifestyle. But as towns get bigger, I think parents try to insulate their offspring from the realities. That's an error in my opinion, but then I'm still to young to have kids.

m

Fred... <grin>

One thing common among older and younger folks is: "a bad day."

Well' date=' and... <bigger grin> As you said, "Everyone has to be a kid sometimes."

The difference is that quite often older folks end up trying to hide both of the above from the younger folks in today's world. I tended to prefer the way things used to be when there was a necessity to have things a bit closer among age groups. We still have a lot of it where I live due to the ranching lifestyle. But as towns get bigger, I think parents try to insulate their offspring from the realities. That's an error in my opinion, but then I'm still to young to have kids.

m

[/quote']

Exactly, the one thing (among many) that I really appreciate about my parent's is that they don't isolate me from the real world, and I told them to respect me and be upfront honest. It helps a lot.

Everyone does, it gets easier to be a kid when you are a kid, or get much older it seems...

A bad day only means the next one can be better, or I just play a bit more blues [cool]

i am assuming this was mic'd? no way in hell you could play with my drummer with 15 watts of solid state.[cool][-(

Haha yeah remember when I first started with a 20 watt solid state and tried a band rehearsal. Not only did my playing sound bad, but it was a joke compared to an acoustic drum set :-

Nathan...

I always figured that whenever I've lost the wonder of a child at learning something new, I hope somebody's there to get me planted, and the quicker the better.

Was that way in my teens, 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s and still.... <grin>

BTW guys... there are 15-watt solid state amps and 15-watt solid state amps...

m

How are Mr. Perry and his mates getting along?

He made it a point to ignore any questions about Tyler or Aerosmith.

Easy to do with so many drunks crowding around and basically rambling loudly.

I asked about amps' date=' that was the limit of my discussion with him outside my guitar that he signed.

(Fender Dual Showman with reverb, Marshall Plexi, and a motley assortment of cabs including a Marshall 8x10.)

In leaving, I assured him that my guitar wasn't going on Ebay.

I felt it was an appropriate gesture after he had just signed an acoustic that looked like a toy,

and a bolt-neck Epiphone SG that still had the plastic, stickers and hang-tag on it.

After my Les Paul was signed, I allowed him to move along with the crowd as I elbowed my way out.

My wife was standing guard with my case, and after allowing a few drunks to admire my Les Paul under

the lights, I secured it and we walked to the truck and left.

The crowd was too rowdy and the wife had the case to contend with, so she never even got the camera out.

Archived