Gibson Brands Forums

WM-45

nid2007

How is posting it here a GAS deterrent?

I post so that someone smart will see it and buy it before I break down and buy what a appears to be a perfectly good (essentially) J-45 for half price. And it already has the clunky gold grovers swapped!

I have no natural topped guitars at the moment---no chance of sneaking it by the wife without notice.

Neil,

That does look like a nice one. Here is one that I saw yesterday in my local (Southern Cal ) Craigslist:

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/msg/1599166142.html

No affiliation with buyer, just to let you know if you pass on the Ebay one that there are other ones out there. I think I like the Ebay one better though (at least from appearances) and if you are really gassing for it you should go for it. You could always sell it pretty quickly for close to what the 'Buy it now' price is.

The only thing that I might add is that his Ebay feedback rating is kind of low if you put much stock in that sort of thing. I usually don't worry about that tho.

Buy it. You can always sell it later if you aren't using it. As for the natural top part, take a large piece of cardboard and cut it out to resemble the dreadnaught shape. Then color it like a sunburst. Place it on top of the guitar when you're storing it. Remove it when you play it. Voila!

I've only played one WM-45, but it was awfully nice! I don't want to be the devil's advocate, but you only go around once in life, so you have to grab for all the gusto you can, as they used to say in the Schlitz commercials. And "guitar" and "gusto" both start with "gu"!

I think you know what you have to do here. Don't let us down!

Cheers!

Rick...[love]

As for the natural top part, take a large piece of cardboard and cut it out to resemble the dreadnaught shape. Then color it like a sunburst. Place it on top of the guitar when you're storing it. Remove it when you play it. Voila!

[biggrin]

Someone explain why this model is always so cheap.

my guess is some of the WM45's are satin finish, like the larrivee 03 series.....

my 2004 is a full gloss, and I paid more than you townes, so don't feel bad! with a non original case to boot.....

but I wouldn't sell mine, that is for sure!

Archived