Gibson Brands Forums

Doug Fieger RIP

Lowdown

So far, this is the only thing I've been able find from the album Serious Fun.

Sounds like Averre was playing a Les Paul to me, despite what the video shows.

Anyhow, this song validates what I was saying about it rocking harder than you would expect.

And the drums are HUGE!

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

I friend of mine was pretty good friends with Doug. His daughter called him "Uncle Doug", she's really broke up about it. She's been crying on and off since the 14th about it. He played with Tommy Heath aka "Tommy Tutone" at her birthday last year, I was there it was awesome! "The Romantics" were on the bill also.

He will be sorely missed.

Just thought I would share.

If anyone cares to dig beneath the "New Romantic" and "80's synth pop" tags,there are some killer guitarists and songs from that era.

Never quite understood why people bagged the 80's so much when there was some terrific music,apart from the usual crap-though show me an era that doesn't have it's downside-like Tears For Fears/Simple Minds/U2/Billy Squier/Police etc. etc.

Seek and ye shall be rewarded people.[biggrin]

Billy Squier/Police etc. etc.

I dunno...

I was never a big fan of the Police' date=' aside from a couple notable songs, but I can't slam 'em.

If you ever saw Billy Squier live in the eighties, it would be tough to dismiss him.

Damn good rock n roll show.

It was his dancing around like a fairy in his[b'] Rock Me Tonite[/b] video that killed his credibility as a rocker.

Not to mention his career.

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Come to think of it, he did this same sorta dance with his keyboard player in concert during The Stroke.

As dumb Kansas farm boy, I just tried not to think about how the encore might have gone if they were alone....

C'mon Low? The Police?? Sorry I gotta call ya on this one. Great band/ great musicians!

Whoah on a minute!

My BIG mistake.[biggrin] Was a typo. I meant that ALL those bands I listed were the GREAT ones in my book.

Come on - Billy Squier is a legend! And yeah' date='the Police.[blink

Sorry 'bout that...thanx for pointing that out cookie#-o

Archived