Gibson Brands Forums

Is the lp standard meant to come with a pick gaurd ?

Rizz

I couldn't bring myself to drill holes' date=' but prefered the look of the pickguard. I purchased one of Bobby Lee's screwless pickguards and it works great.

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/business-classifieds/926-screwless-pickguards.html[/quote']

That's a cool idea! Does it flex and hit the body, or place any undue pressure on the mount if your hand strike the guard while playing?

That's a cool idea! Does it flex and hit the body' date=' or place any undue pressure on the mount if your hand strike the guard while playing?[/quote'] No, it has a little rubber stopper (or something) near the end of the free side so you can push on it without it yielding.

I took the pickguard off my first Les Paul in the early nineties while cleaning it.

Liked the way it looked, played it without, and never put it back on.

4 Les Pauls later, I have no pick guards on either of mine.

Don't really need it.

And thanks Aaresz

Your Welcome! The pickguard works great for me, and without the rubber bumber too. I don't mean to engage in the pickguard / no pickguard conversation but I do prefer the historic look, and tend to rest my fingers in that area at times.

As a side note Bobby Lee I just read that you used to make paintball gun grips. Before my body gave in to age I was a pretty active player on the NPPL circuit. I wonder if we've ever met in a previous life, or if I used you grips?

No' date=' it has a little rubber stopper (or something) near the end of the free side so you can push on it without it yielding.[/quote']

Does that rubber stopper press against the body of the guitar?

Archived