Gibson Brands Forums

interesting thoughts for a wed

No Cell phone (now), but I may get another one, for emergencies, only.

Probably not a bad idea, out here, in the sticks?!

Don't drink or smoke (anything)...and haven't since 1972. Before that, I

seemed to have consumed most types of alcoholic beverage, and smoked

"whatever!" I cannot stomach the smell of "Southern Comfort!" Got way

too drunk and sick on it, one time...and that was enough! In '72, I just quit

drinking and smoking, on the same night, outside of a bar! Guess I don't

have an "addictive" personality, 'cause I had no "withdrawl" or craving

symptoms, from either.

Took photos, for a living, for 30 years, now I just do it, for "fun!" But,

unfortunately, not often enough. THAT, may have to change. :>) Didn't

play guitar, for that same 30 years...but, thankfully, that HAS changed.

Worst habit...Procrastination, probably? Being on a "deadline" for so

many years, I'm enjoying doing things, when I want, or not at all, if I

don't want to. But, I don't want to get TOO complacent.

Floors...Clean ones.

Cars...reliable ones.

Cash...I always carry some.

Calendars, and watches....use them, only when I have to.

Computers...spend entirely too much time, on them. Need to do something

about that, too. ;>b

Love Music, Movies, and good conversations.

Have several harmonicas, so...it might be good, to learn how to play them?!

:>)

CB

got 3 diff cell phones 2 networks

got 7 active e-mail acts. 2 providers

got a website known on the web

got 2 machines running XP networked with

dual monitors on both..........

got an RF scanner in the truck

got 2 cb radios in the truck

got 2 inverters in the truck 1 600 watts....2 1200 watts.........

got 250k rounds a 5.56 nato

got 1 big headache

aint really talkin to nobody but yall up in here though ........at the moment............

OK; I'll play.

My cellphone is a necessity for my work.

I like good wine and beer and have had too much of both in the past. I am a firm believer in the 'Drink less Quantity, but better Quality' ethic.

I've never even been remotely interested in taking illegal drugs; quite the reverse. Nor smoking tobacco; as a five year-old I asked my pipe-smoking father why he was setting fire to something in his mouth so he could breath smoke? It didn't make any sense to me then and, although my understanding of the situation has changed, It still doesn't.

We fly a few times each year; usually to visit the in-laws in France.

I take trains and use the underground (subway) network on an almost daily basis. Usually several of each. I love to ride on trains (outside London's Rush Hour which is unbelievably awful).

I've had my driver's licence for over 20 years but have only owned three cars, two of which I still own; a 1959 rag-top Beetle (gone after I'd had it for 10 years), a 1971 Porsche 914/4 2.0L and a '97 Mazda 323 V6. I've done a little karting and love it. I had a shot of a proper Championship-prepared kart and the acceleration it had scared me stiff every time I approached the first corner after leaving the pit-lane.

I've only had one amp for the last 30 years; a MusicMan 2x12. It does have reverb.

I don't own any effects stuff.

We've recently moved home and this Summer I'll be using an electric lawn-mower. I do like push mowers, however, and will try to get a nice one.

I carry a little cash (pretty essential in London) and one bank card.

I'm hopless on the 'moothie'. Had one as a kid and didn't get the hang of it at all.

Pretty much all my shoes are trainers. I'm fortunate that for work I can dress informally.

Our house has wooden floors downstairs with some 'Persian' carpets down to lessen the chill factor! Upstairs it's mainly fitted carpet.

I don't have a calendar.

I used to like 'Asteroids' when it came out in the '70s.

I don't listen to my radio. It's set to a factual radio station broadcast from France so my wife can keep up with what's happening in her homeland. Not too good at the moment - her hometown was, at the weekend, 6' under seawater. She's quite worried about relations, some of whom were nearly drowned as they slept.

My good guitars have hardshell cases. My very first guitar has a custom-made flight-case which was more expensive than the instrument it houses! One of my guitars has a bone nut which I had fitted to replace the original which had been cut with too-deep slots.

I used to have very long straight hair. As I'm reasonably broad-shouldered and narrow-waisted from the rear people always thought I was a 'shapely wench' and I was always being asked "Excuse me, Miss...."

I still own... a 1971 Porsche 914/4 2.0L...

I bought one of those used in '78, black. I loved it while it lasted and so did the ladies. Required constant maintenance. It finally died of attrition- it rusted from the inside out. I have a bunch of funny stories about that car.

I own two cell phones and a pager

I have been known to talk on one phone and text on a the other one although I try not to talk on both at the same time

I have been intoxicated, high, stoned, drunk, often and sometimes even in a airplane

can't compete with the train never driven one but I often drove the scuba boat for my dad well before I could drive

I own almost every kind of amp including ones with reverb but I don't use it.

I hire a company to mow my yard - don't even own a lawnmower - Sorry but time is valuable

I prefer cash to a bankcard and get anoyed when people don't want to take cash - damn airlines (again to drink on a plane [cool] )

I have numerous harmonicas, all built by the same company Hohner rules others drool

got shows of all kinds but proud to say no thongs those are for girls and went out of style with jesus

I don't have strong feelings of any kind about flooring carpets good on cold toes.

I don't own a paper calender so ?

I probably have the time but pretty much hate video games there like television I feel my IQ lowering when there on.

The radio station I listen to the most, is the First preset on my radio why make life hard

All of my guitars have cases/hate gigbags, most of my guitars have bone nuts of they don't they will

All 4 of my 4x12 guitar cabs have less then 4 speakers in them (WHY? is all that comes to mind)

my hair is mostly cowlicks and I was often called Dennis the Mennis but i'm fifty and have a full head of hair so I figure I won[biggrin]

Archived