Gibson Brands Forums

cowboy boots

ebh

Hi

I need your advice in acquiring a pair of cowboy boots from the States. I want to buy them online and I need a shop who delivers to Europe (I live in Romania).

Could you guys recommend me a good brand of boots and also where to get them from, online? I don't need fancy leathers (as snake, alligator, ...), plain cow would be enough for me, but I need them to be both of good quality and nice looking.

Thanks!

My friend Cowboy Boots are a religion onto themselves here in the west everything from plain brown Justin Ropers all the way up to custom 10k shiners, if you don't really know what you want try a big web provider like Zappos.com with a great return policy and stick with the well known quality brands like Justin Boots, Lucchese Boots, Ariat & others.

if your really looking for a high end exotic leather like python, shark, ostrich or lizard post what your looking for and one of us AZ or Texas members can point you in the right direction. Just don't listen to the Californians were not sure about them anymore when it comes to western living. [blink]

You do know this is a guitar forum' date=' right?

[u']COWBOY BOOTS[/u]

I actually closely relate my Cowboy boots to my musicianship. I work in the corporate world and have to wear a white shirt and tie every day, (and a suit on some days).....but..... I wear, and have ALWAYS worn cowboy boots at work, and often when I'm off work.

If I'm on a trial in the Northeast, I'll switch to shoes, but in the West, South, Southwest I feel the jury relates better to me with my boots on, so I wear them. (no, I'm NOT a lawyer).

I have photos of me back in the 60's wearing cowboy boots, (when Beatle Boots were all the rage).

So, I didn't even blink when the question was asked.... would be like asking what kind of mic you used.....goes with the forum!

I actually closely relate my Cowboy boots to my musicianship. I work in the corporate world and have to wear a white shirt and tie every day' date=' (and a suit on some days).....but..... I wear, and have ALWAYS worn cowboy boots at work, and often when I'm off work.[/quote']

Same here :-

Bootmaking companies have messed around a bit with ownership, etc... <grin> Kinda like guitar companies.

But I usually wear Tony Lama, Nocona or Justins. A Lucchese boot is rather expensive and many of them seem somewhat more designed for an upscale urban market segment. Nocona have a reputation of being built slightly more roomy at a given size and some knowledgeable sales people recommend them for guys over 50 or so. <grin> I just try on a couple dozen that I like the looks of to determine a good fit.

"Ropers" are much like Wellingtons, with a low heel. Other types of heel depend on the individual and what he/she is looking for and is comfortable wearing. Buckaroo boots have higher tops, roughly as high as an "English" riding boot, but with a loose rather than calf-tight fit.

I wear boots all the time. There are a cupla pairs of shoes in the closet left over from when I wore them "in the city" some 20-30 years ago, and a cupla pairs of "athletic" shoes designed for stuff I do to work out.

Some folks where I live will wear some exotic leathers, but mostly variations of a straight "cow" leather. Snakeskin and such stuff doesn't clean up very well after being in mud of various colors. I very seldom see them, and a lotta folks around here figure the snakeskin boots show one to be a "drug store cowboy." That's one reason I never wore boots or hat in the 1980s when I lived in Memphis, Tenn. One can not regularly buy them in the local boot stores in my community in the northern plains cattle country of the US. If they're in the stock, usually they're sold to tourists. (BTW, I'm no real "cowboy," but yesterday for example I was at bull sales at the local auction barn and nearby muddy corrals.)

Check Sheplers on the web. I believe they ship overseas, but they're a "big company"...

Expect any boots, from ropers to a 3" rider heel, to be rather loose on the heel at first. You may wish to buy a slightly larger shoe size and add heavier socks. The heels of any of them should properly be designed to support western-style spurs (larger than English style) and "stick out" a bit from the foot of the shoe. <grin>

m

What I find interesting is that the reeeeeally fancy boots and suits and such ain't what they were in the 1930s-50s. A lotta the "western shirts" I wear have buttons, not snaps, and button-down collars. The "western suits" just ain't worn much around here, anyway, except among older guys.

As for hats... there's a lotta difference in where one lives in terms of style. But in the reeeeeally outback locations one might see hats that could have been worn 100 years ago or during the '50s - depending on the individual.

m

A disturbing image but no worse than Pat Boone singing Little Richard's "Long Tall Sally".

Don't forget about Pat Boone singing Little Richard's "Tutti Fruity", (I was told it's about gay sex). Now the song itself is a pretty disturbing image...and Boone singing it is even worse!

Archived