Gibson Brands Forums

The Billy Club

matiac

I used to have one I bopped Bluefish on the head with so I wouldn't get bit (they got nasty-sharp teeth) when de-hooking them to be kept for the portable smokehouse (smoked Bluefish IS the bomb).

Owners, but we'd LOVE to hear from people who've experienced the "business end" too, as well as former owners like myself, and those who wish to someday own a Billy Club. So in that context, I guess it would be called a "Billy-Club-Club", no? And also the different uses of said implement, I also used a "Tire Billy" to hit tires on a semi while doing my pretrip inspection.

I often wonder if a police officer's "night-stick" would be considered a Billy Club? Nice Washburn by the way. Couldn't see myself whacking truck tires with it, or clubbing fish in the head, but to each his own I rekon. We do not discriminate because of a Billy Club's shape, as long as it's used appropriately.

Finally a real club or a link about them anyway.

I did law enforcement for a few years and over those years I carried a standard night stick or baton, A leather BlackJack, a Leather Sap (Flat leather) a side handle PR-24 and a collapsible steel baton. My personal favorite was the sap actually easy to carry effective attention getter unless you turn it edge on then you can do all kinds of damage [blink]

Or you could always just use a coin wallet from Perrin. Of course if your not a LEO they are illegal in many states? Just carry a couple of dollars worth of quarters and you could really smack the hell out of any "fish":-"

CoinWallet.jpg

Finally a real club or a link about them anyway.

I did law enforcement for a few years and over those years I carried a standard night stick or baton' date=' A leather BlackJack, a Leather Sap (Flat leather) a side handle PR-24 and a collapsible steel baton. My personal favorite was the sap actually easy to carry effective attention getter unless you turn it edge on then you can do all kinds of damage [biggrin

Or you could always just use a coin wallet from Perrin. Of course if your not a LEO they are illegal in many states? Just carry a couple of dollars worth of quarters and you could really smack the hell out of any "fish":-"

CoinWallet.jpg

I "caught" a sap(slapjack/beavertail) under the chin when I was 15,courtesy of one of Chattanooga Tn.'s finest.(I deserved it) VERY effective attention getter..........also split my chin open & cracked several teeth.

Here 31 yrs. later, I still have the scar under my chin (keep a beard to hide it).

Archived