Gibson Brands Forums

I flew to Florida........boy, are my arms tired....

onewilyfool

Just spent a week in Florida , unknowingly at spring break for all the college students....Good thing I brought my mirrored sunglasses so no one could see where my eyes were looking....lol...but I digress....I did not play guitar for a week, and boy, when I got home, I could hardly play....lol.....I guess it is NOT like riding a bicycle....Anyway, just a warning and an observation......I have NEVER been in a place where the traffic lights took so long to change. It was unbelievable. Standing and waiting to walk across the street, I noticed that cobwebs went from my legs to the sidewalk just before it changed. I mean.....LONG!!!! I could see no reason why either. So most people jay walk because there is no traffic either direction and the light never changes....lol....anyway, good trip, rested my hands and arms and shoulders from practice...and all is well after a few songs last night.....

How could anyone visit Florida (the beach, mind you) and not take a guitar with them??

Breezy late night beach parties with the bon-fires & all ... honeys, sea shells, and alcohol? ... I'd say anyone willing to play & sing would be an instant star in that setting! [blink][blush][angry]

Just spent a week in Florida ' date=' unknowingly at spring break for all the college students....Good thing I brought my mirrored sunglasses so no one could see where my eyes were looking....lol...but I digress....[/quote']

Ya don't think the drool runnin' down yer chin gave you away?

I've been to Florida a few times. Whenever I have been there (or just about anywhere else where I haven't got a guitar with me) I find a couple of guitar shops and go and try some out. The only 'problem' with this is that I often end up buying something.

I'm gonna drive down in a few weeks. Used to live in Largo. Played the "Surfside" in Clearwater as a kid.

I'd fly, but I don't see how you carry the luggage with all that flapping going on.......

Just spent a week in Florida ' date=' unknowingly at spring break for all the college students....Good thing I brought my mirrored sunglasses so no one could see where my eyes were looking....lol...but I digress....I did not play guitar for a week, and boy, when I got home, I could hardly play....lol.....I guess it is NOT like riding a bicycle....Anyway, just a warning and an observation......I have NEVER been in a place where the traffic lights took so long to change. It was unbelievable. Standing and waiting to walk across the street, I noticed that cobwebs went from my legs to the sidewalk just before it changed. I mean.....LONG!!!! I could see no reason why either. So most people jay walk because there is no traffic either direction and the light never changes....lol....anyway, good trip, rested my hands and arms and shoulders from practice...and all is well after a few songs last night.....[/quote']

Hey Wiley! Things sure are different here on the east coast from the west coast from where you "surfer dudes" are, huh?!!! Should have come up to NC, we would have picked some! And NC is definetly not as it is in Florida!!!

Hey Wiley! Things sure are different here on the east coast from the west coast from where you "surfer dudes" are' date=' huh?!!! Should have come up to NC, we would have picked some! And NC is definetly not as it is in Florida!!![/quote']

Larry, EVERY minute of my days there was filled with something to do. Would have loved to pick a little with you. Maybe you can come to the Northern California jam in May? I'll tell you, one place that has a very "interesting" vibe is South Beach in Miami Beach........lots of characters, lol. I thought Palm Springs was the world center for Plastic Surgery, but I think Miami Beach may be right up there. I have never seen so many plumped lips and plumped.......well you know.....lol......strange place, that.

I flew to Florida in February for 10 days and never even entertained the idea of taking a guitar with me, not even my $200 '68 Yamaha. Between the cost of checking the guitar ($25US both ways) and the very real threat that the guitar would end up as a pile of matchsticks (

), it just doesn't make sense to travel with a guitar anymore unless it is in a Calton Case.

So for the cost of checking the guitar on the various flights, I figured I could rent a guitar for the 10 days that I was there and not have my guitar playing interrupted. As it turned out, a neighbor loaned me his vintage Gibson L01 and I was a happy puppy!

Hey Wiley! Things sure are different here on the east coast from the west coast from where you "surfer dudes" are' date=' huh?!!! Should have come up to NC, we would have picked some! And NC is definetly not as it is in Florida!!![/quote']

Hey Larry... how far from Charlotte are you? I am coming down for 2 days 1 night in the middle of April for work and staying at the Omni Charlotte Hotel somewhere in the Financial District. My new boss and his team is located there and although I am considered part of the team, will remain in Minneapolis at my current location. (I like it better that way!) At least I get a couple days down there though. I am looking forward to getting a small taste of what I hear is a dang beautiful place!

Hey Larry... how far from Charlotte are you? I am coming down for 2 days 1 night in the middle of April for work and staying at the Omni Charlotte Hotel somewhere in the Financial District. My new boss and his team is located there and although I am considered part of the team' date=' will remain in Minneapolis at my current location. (I like it better that way!) At least I get a couple days down there though. I am looking forward to getting a small taste of what I hear is a dang beautiful place!

[/quote']

Hey TP! I'm about 65 miles east of Charlotte. About half way between Charlotte and the coast. The weather should be wonderful when you arrive with spring in full force. It's nice down south, you'll have to get out of the city to really take in the beauty!

Archived