Gibson Brands Forums

Non Guitar Poll

GibsonAlmighty

Murph...

Tony's? They're my usual. Or Nocona.

... RE price... My Wranglers are well under $35, btw.

From Wikipedia: "As of 2005, Lee Jeans have been manufactured by Arvind Mills in a number of small factories in Chamarajanagar, India. 60,000 workers produce 5,000 pairs of jeans a day."

Ah, but both Lee and Wranglers are owned by VF - "vanity fair" Corporation. I'm wearing MIM Wranglers right now.

Okay, so MIM and Costa Rica at least are in North America - but MIM may be going away, too - it's cheaper elsewhere, perhaps under $2 in China...

Well, I'd much prefer a Mexican or Costa Rico pair of jeans, myself, if it ain't USA-made. Canada's got the same problem with "too high wages." Sheesh.

m

Managed to get them at $35' date=' much better than the [b']$150[/b] pairs they sell at Abercrombie and Fitch. Would anyone on here actually spend that much for a pair of jeans?

No, no, no, god no. No way in hell I'd ever spend $150 on a pair of jeans.

I go to a place that does new pairs for somewhere around $25 or so. That $150 that you and I have consistently refused to spend have gotten me six pairs of jeans in one go.

Then again, with the jeans that I wear, which go for around $36 list for the Carhartt and about $30 list for the Wranglers, so I guess that's not so bad.

We don't have a Walmart in Manhattan, and so I can't get jeans very cheap, but I do alright for one of the most expensive cities in the world.

No' date=' no, no, god no.[/b'] No way in hell I'd ever spend $150 on a pair of jeans.

I go to a place that does new pairs for somewhere around $25 or so. That $150 that you and I have consistently refused to spend have gotten me six pairs of jeans in one go.

I can barely stand myself for having jeans that cost 40 bucks....

My sister has a 300 dollar pair of jeans, and I'm completley sickened.

I can barely stand myself for having jeans that cost 40 bucks....

My sister has a 300 dollar pair of jeans' date=' and I'm completley sickened.[/quote']

$300 jeans?!?! [crying]

I very rarely ever let that much money leave my hands on one item. And then it has to be worth it.

-$300 rent? A ridiculous bargain. I don't think I could even find that these days.

-$300 guitar? Depends. If I'm using it as a beater or a second, then why not?

-$300 amplifier? If it's got tubes, then hell yes. For that kind of money I could pick up an AC4TV 1x10 combo.

-$300 effect? If it's reverb, analog delay, tube preamp or something that warrants that kind of green, then yeah, sure, why not?

-$300 jeans? No way. Never. I think most of us on this forum agree with me on that point.

A thousand years ago before VF bought both Lee and Blue Bell (Wrangler), Lee had an extremely heavy fabric they made into jeans-style jackets and pants. Wore like iron. Friend of mine who runs the local western store (boots, hats, etc.) sed when I asked about it that they were dropped for just that reason, wore like iron.

I read one newspaper story that claimed Wrangler tried to keep production in the US, but gave up due to costs. It does make one wonder.

Here's another to consider: when I was a kid, every male I knew from about age 10 up had a suit and at least a couple of ties. Rich, poor, young, old...

Now? Yeah, right. I've had lady friends tell me they haven't been in a dress or "dress-up" clothes for 20 years or more.

Now that makes me wonder...

m

A thousand years ago before VF bought both Lee and Blue Bell (Wrangler)' date=' Lee had an extremely heavy fabric they made into jeans-style jackets and pants. Wore like iron. Friend of mine who runs the local western store (boots, hats, etc.) sed when I asked about it that they were dropped for just that reason, wore like iron.

I read one newspaper story that claimed Wrangler tried to keep production in the US, but gave up due to costs. It does make one wonder.

Here's another to consider: when I was a kid, every male I knew from about age 10 up had a suit and at least a couple of ties. Rich, poor, young, old...

Now? Yeah, right. I've had lady friends tell me they haven't been in a dress or "dress-up" clothes for 20 years or more.

Now that makes me wonder...

m

[/quote']

So...you mean, like a denim suit? Something like that?

Man, I've wanted one (or two, or three) of those for a while. Never thought anyone made anything like that.

XDemonknight

Naah... khaki colored fabric; "jeans" style jacket.

Heck I wear the jeans and jeans-style jacket a lot. The PRCA rodeo committee here has their own embroidered emblem version. Yeah, I have one too. <grin> But I also have some circuit finals jackets most folks don't get to have.

http://www.sheplers.com/list/wranglerjeanjackets/

In the olden days the "jeans jackets" were wore pretty much where the top went just under the belt level; now they're worn "roomier."

I was gonna say they're kinda like a jeans version of an Ike jacket and then realized... that's an even more distant world from you than brandings and ropings. <grin>

Hmmmm. Okay, I'll change my little side pix again for you... <grin>

m

Archived