Gibson Brands Forums

Non Guitar Poll

GibsonAlmighty

What is your favorite brand of Denim Jeans.

"WHY", and if you switched to another brand, that's another "WHY".

How long have you been using the particular brand?

No discrimination intended, but, would you buy a jeans that's made in

the USA (if you resides in the US) or imports (regardless of the current economy).

other - I'm one of those people I only buy American Made clothing if at all possible. Jeans and colored t-shirts (about all I wear now) are from a company called all American clothing 100% USA made including the fabric which is hard as hell to find. Only exception is shoes because it's to hard to find most shoes from USA so I wear Doc Martins from England but they last 10+ years so not a big issue.:-k

I know it's not gonna change the world but it helps and I got tired of supporting the cesspool Mexico has turned into so I quit wearing Levi's 501's after 45+ years.

the All American jeans are very close to Levi's probably a 545 loose leg or similar with one big advantage they have a grommet sewn crotch which is a diamond shaped fabric insert that makes them the most comfortable jeans I have ever worn.

IMG_0569.jpg

Levi's. I started on 501s, moved to 517s for a while, and other flavors, and came back to 501s last year. Best fitting jean out there.

It does bother me that they don't make Levis in the States anymore. Hell, they don't make much here anymore. I did find a pair of New Balance 993s that are made in the States (score!). I'll have to check out those American brand jeans.

Wrangler...

Made in North America, at least...

They fit, they wear quite well.

Wrangler also is a major rodeo sponsor on down into the high school level. Given my rodeo "involvement" at all levels, no way I'd wear any other jeans.

Levis pulled Boy Scout support, then shut down even in Texas to go overseas. They're politically correct, I guess, but not really a company I'd buy into.

m

I'm not usually one to splurge on clothes or follow too many trends, but I gotta say my American Eagle boot cuts are the most comfortable and best fitting pair of jeans I've ever owned. Managed to get them at $35, much better than the $150 pairs they sell at Abercrombie and Fitch. Would anyone on here actually spend that much for a pair of jeans?

Archived