Gibson Brands Forums

do you only listen to guitar music?

S t e v e

I think Larry really hit a lot of it... Although I think a lotta "rock lead" is almost more like some of the old clarinet stuff.

Segovia and Chet Atkins both would take stuff composed for other instruments and make it work on a solo guitar.

Yeah, different types of music, but...

Probably 80 percent of the time that's kinda what I'm tryin' to do.

Swing, for example, was translated a lot to solo keyboard from a big band. So... hey, with a little work, I figured why not solo guitar since I'm not worth beans on a keyboard?

m

I like all kinds of music (except "Rap!"), so...it really depends on what "mood" I'm in,

more than anything. I do go through periods, where I may listen primarily to "Blues,"

"Jazz," (some) "Country," and/or even "Folk" and "Classical." "Rock," to me, has

always been an amalgamation, of 2 or more, of those styles, anyway. So, I never

limit myself to any one type/style. One can "steal" ideas, from them all. ;>)

CB

I like all kinds of music (except "Rap!")' date=' so...it really depends on what "mood" I'm in,

more than anything.[/b'] I do go through periods, where I may listen primarily to "Blues,"

"Jazz," (some) "Country," and/or even "Folk" and "Classical." "Rock," to me, has

always been an amalgamation, of 2 or more, of those styles, anyway. So, I never

limit myself to any one type/style. One can "steal" ideas, from them all. ;>)

CB

That pretty much sums me up, 'cept I don't really consider Rap music.

The vast majority of the music I listen to has guitar in it, but when I think of "guitar music," I think of music played by players who are well known for being good players; in that regard, no, I don't listen to "guitar music" or not very often. I like to hear a good song and if the guitar player wails, then that's a bonus.

Archived