Gibson Brands Forums

Superstrats

Thundergod

A couple of months ago my superstrats were 50% of my guitar pseudo collection.

I had 2 jacksons' date=' 1 charvel, 2 ibanez, 2 fenders (one a factory superstrat and 1 a modified strat with floyd rose and H-H configuration) and 3 more not even worth mentioning (very cheap) [lol.

I got rid of most of them and now I have only 3, and there are days I wake up with the resolution of selling them all, and then there are days I surf the net looking at pics of superstrats of various brands, just in case I "need" another superstrat soon [biggrin]

So what's your opinion on them? and on each major superstrat selling brand (I take Jackson and Ibanez as superstrat selling brands as most of their lineups consist on them).

My favorite to date is a japanese jackson, it's a little better than new USA made charvels for close to 60% of the price, and comes with a case.

My second famvorite would be the fender showmaster (the USA version)

TG, what ibanez models did or do you have?

TG' date=' what ibanez models did or do you have?[/quote']

An SA something (don't really care to take it out of the case and look [biggrin]) and a prestige. The prestige has a non-stock pickup for the bridge position I think I put a super distortion in there (a long time ago) and it made the sound a little better but still I don't care much for either of them.

I'll probably take them out of their cases this weekend for a superstrat group shot [biggrin]

Archived